Which online brew shop can you recommend for...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munichchris

Reaction score
I'm interested in making a bulk purchase of items to convert my current set up into a HERMS system, specifically one like the system shown on www.electricbrewery.com but without the control panel.

I already have all of the pots and my HLT has temperature control already so I'd mainly need:
- 12" false bottom with elbow joint to the ball valve
- 2x good quality pumps
- sight glass
- weldless connectors so I can install it in my HLT
- male and female hose quick disconnects; male to be attached to the brew pots and pumps using weldless bulkheads, female to the hoses
- a way to add a temperature probe in the outlet to the mash tun to I can monitor mash temp in the outflow
- ball valves for the pumps

What I am really after is a business that has all this stuff and can advise me on what exactly I need, taking a look at what I have and then i can ensure I buy all the right things.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Try angel homebrew or brew builder they should have what you need

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Try angel homebrew or brew builder they should have what you need

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

What Dave said. Used both, Angel are slightly quicker to despatch and have more delivery options (Royal Mail or couriers) and in my experience are much quicker to respond to queries, but was happy with both.

Probably be a good idea to post a few pics of your kit and a schematic of your planned brewery for a reference..

Mark mentioned above aka TheHomebrewBuilder has all the stock you need and some.

but some tools will also be necessary, a 20mm Qmax punch for 1/2" bsp sized holes, and an angle grinder and belt sander to cut down and finish off any thru hull skin fittings you use (what i understand by 'weldless bulkheads')
403523_2.jpg

http://www.asap-supplies.com/stainless-steel-threaded-skin-fitting-403523

I turned my brewery into a HERMS, although it was more gradual than what you're doing. Whilst those two companies have decent stock I bought my mash tun from Powell Brewing which I'm pleased with. They also do full kits and I think they have all the parts you're looking for.

If it's any help, here's my setup: http://www.honestbeerguide.com/about/my-brew-setup/ although it's changed a bit since then. The pump is secured onto a post with the inlet at the bottom (so wort travels up through the pump, this is quite important). Also I don't use a sparge arm. I just let the water slowly trickle onto the top of the grains as I would when HERMSing during the mash.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm basically planning on buying everything as a single job lot because I live in Munich and have to pay for delivery. I'd buy locally, but the homebrew market here is less well developed and - in any event - my German isn't up to it.

I'll post photos of my set up as well as a schematic of my plans in due course. if any of you have the time and inclination to comment on it and let me know if you think I'm missing a trick or on the road to folly, that would be most kind.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm basically planning on buying everything as a single job lot because I live in Munich and have to pay for delivery. I'd buy locally, but the homebrew market here is less well developed and - in any event - my German isn't up to it.

I'll post photos of my set up as well as a schematic of my plans in due course. if any of you have the time and inclination to comment on it and let me know if you think I'm missing a trick or on the road to folly, that would be most kind.
May I wish you the bestest with your venture:thumb:

This is a German online shop with English website.
http://www.hobbybrauerversand.de/
Delivery € 5.99 per order

Latest posts

Back