faulty auto syphon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
My new auto syphon sucks air intermittently this i know is not good but managed to limp through my first batch a couple of weeks ago. Anyhow a quick call to homebrew online seen a speedy foc replacement seal delivered. Are they easy to fit?

Cheers

Clint

Well after a bit of faffing about with the bottling bucket and sink full of water...the seal takes a bit of pulling off..easier if you realise there's a flat edge to get your nail under! The new seal just pops on but didn't really improve things,flaring the seal out a bit marginally to get more contact with the tube was a bit better. Putting liquid in this case water down the tube to rest on top of the seal cured it completely. I will do this with some beer out of the fermenter when I bottle tomorrow using a sterilised baster.
I now will consume Theakston Old Peculiar. Which is nice.

Regards
Clint

Mine does that too. At least you got replacement parts. The thought of putting some beer behind the tube sounds good. I'll give it a try.

I can confirm putting some beer down the tube solves the problem completely. Just transferred my coopers stout to the bottling bucket for bulk priming with zero issues. Managed 42 500ml bottles plus a mug full for quality control..

Cheers
Clint

Latest posts

Back