Back sweetening a Cerveza

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash132

Reaction score
2.5 weeks into a Coopers Cerveza kit. I thought I'd try and add some extra flavour in so added a hop tea of Amarillo 25g and then chucked 5g into the primary as well.

Did a taste test today and its got a bit of a hoppy bitter after taste. I'm wondering now if i should have left it alone.

Is the bitterness likely to subside once I've bottled and left for 3-4 weeks? or should I add a non fermentable sugar in at this stage before I bottle?

Think i may have pack of Xylitol lying around though I'm not particularly keen on using it..

2.5 weeks into a Coopers Cerveza kit. I thought I'd try and add some extra flavour in so added a hop tea of Amarillo 25g and then chucked 5g into the primary as well.

Did a taste test today and its got a bit of a hoppy bitter after taste. I'm wondering now if i should have left it alone.

Is the bitterness likely to subside once I've bottled and left for 3-4 weeks? or should I add a non fermentable sugar in at this stage before I bottle?

Think i may have pack of Xylitol lying around though I'm not particularly keen on using it..

what about lactose instead ? to my understanding most yeast wont touch it so you get it sweeter and no off tastes from waste product from the yeast

Latest posts

Back