Priming in easykegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thehorse

Reaction score
So, having had the Kilner jar idea shot down, I've invested in s pair of 5L easykegs. Has anyone here primed beer in these? I'm going to be racking to a pressure barrel with sugar added, then bottling/legging from there. My main question is whether these might require more sugar, and how much headspace to leave in the easykegs (indeed, how do I tell how much headspace there is?). Finally, do i replace the bung provided with the pressure-release plug at this stage?

I prime at 20g per keg. I find as I the beer get's near the top (using my little bottler) I can quite easily see it, and leave about an inch headspace. I can see the beer when the keg is below about half full though but I dont worry because I know I'll be able to see it when it's nearer to being full

imho 10-20g depending on the beer ;)

you can reuse the bung and 2part centre stopper if its tidy and clean ;) or a new one either 2 part or 1 part if you like, I reuse em ;)

Latest posts

Back