ss infusion mash tun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkeuk

Reaction score
hi all
after about 10 BIAB brews im going to upgrade to a 3 tier system and am very interested in the ss brewing infusion mash tun it seems like a proper bit of thought out kit but obviously comes at a hefty price which I don't mind paying as long as its as good as it makes out ,
so I was wondering if any of you guys have any first hand experience of this bit of kit
cheers

I'm not sure if anyone here has one. There is quite a lengthy discussion thread on this forum.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=541245

I like the SS Brewtech equipment and this looks a nice bit of kit. However, IMO, you'd first need to ensure you have good fermentation control in place to ensure you make the most of such an expensive piece of equipment.

Cheers Halfacrem
Thanks for the thread
Fermentation temps are controlled in my beer fridge usually within a degree either side of the temperature set

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

if at all inclined to DIY a bergland thermapot bought direct and a mrlard cut to size FB will cost a lot less

a simple front/side mounted bottom drain and gentle tip forward at the end of the drain eliminated all but a few ml of deadspace as well as making the fitting job easier and cheaper ;)

add circa ��£12 to the cost of parts for a 20mm qmax punch if you cant borrow one from a friendly brewer

going by the prices when i built my 80l tun
��£95 -80l thermapot (?? for smaller email and ask for a price [email protected])
��£35-�£45?? - FB from homebrew builder aka Mrlard
��£10 - SS full bore ball valve
��£10 SS 1/2" bsp elbow, barrel nipple and some M20 SS washers
��£15 for an asap-supplies.co.uk SS 1/2" bsp through deck hull fitting.

The difficult bit of the build is cutting down and sanding down to fit (circa 3 thread loops) the deck fitting but with the right tools (angle grinder to chop, and belt sander to fine tune) it just takes a little time.

and if you ask me beer tastes an iota better when brewed in brewer built equipment ;)

btw volume markings inside a tun become redundant as soon as you start underletting to mash in..

Latest posts

Back