That's going to ruin someones day -

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thousands of people in South Yorkshire are expected to remain without tap water over the weekend after high levels of bacteria were found.
Yorkshire Water said disruption to 3,600 properties in Thorne near Doncaster would continue while work to flush out pipes was completed.
The company said it had provided 100,000 litres of bottled water and would continue to hand out supplies.
The water cannot be drunk but is safe to wash in and for flushing toilets.
'Vulnerable neighbours'
Yorkshire Water said it had been working through the night investigating the cause of the contamination, which was found during routine sampling.
A spokesman said small storage tanks would be available in some streets for customers to use but warned the water would need to boiled before use.
In a statement, the company said: "We would appeal to customers to only take what water they need and to help any vulnerable neighbours or friends in the affected areas."
It added: "Customers should continue to follow the Do Not Drink advice until further notice.
"The water supply in the area will need to remain on as we flush out the pipes and continue to undertake water quality testing"

Wine makers don't boil the water they use but i suppose if they had a big enough pot they could then let it cool, bit of a PITA.

Edit to OP removing the word brewing so as not to confuse.

I went to visit my old work place in Spain a few weeks back. Our lab shared a large room with another 5 research teams, about 60 people in total. After I left, the company that maintained the water cooler supplied contaminated water. Almost everyone was ill, and quite seriously ill, to the point that most couldn't come in. The lab was deserted. In fact, only three people didn't succumb to it. One never drank from the cooler, another was a crazy Russian guy who would only drink water he boiled himself. He had a kettle on his desk and we always took the **** out of him for it. The third guy was Mexican.

Latest posts

Back