Which Wheat Beer Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt7618

Landlord.
Reaction score
My Wife like a wheat beer, something I could take or leave. In the process of getting SWMBO to buy into the whole homebrew phenomenon that is taking over our basement what would be a good wheat beer kit to brew for her :thumb:

Wilkos one is supposedly the foshnizzle...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Or try the new wilko 1 can kit and let us know what you think of it. I really like the wilko 2 can kit and bought a few when they were on offer. So I'm hoping the new one is as good.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Or try the new wilko 1 can kit and let us know what you think of it. I really like the wilko 2 can kit and bought a few when they were on offer. So I'm hoping the new one is as good.

Picked up the one can kit, will pitch it tonight and see how it goes.

Well 24 hrs in and just like two can kits this thing is trying to escape. Lucky I thought ahead and its sitting in the spare rooms shower:lol:

Well 24 hrs in and just like two can kits this thing is trying to escape. Lucky I thought ahead and its sitting in the spare rooms shower[emoji38]
Nicely done. Well that bodes well if it brews the same as the 2 tin kit. Hopefully it'll taste as good.

Came down to see the krausen had died back a bit this morning, only had to change the air lock 3 times as full of gunge!! Now soaking in oxi to get them clean.

Will give this the full 2 weeks before testing the Gravity.

Well after two weeks this is still bubbling away, looks like it will be at least another week before I even looking at bottling this.

Hi i bottled a Muntons Connoisseurs Wheat Beer last week so now the hard bit of waiting, i will let you know how it tastes in a few weeks time.

This has now had four weeks in the FV. Will give it a final og measure tonight and if she is stable come Wednesday its going in the bottle. Never had a brew go more than three weeks and looks to be still making pressure in the FV lid!

Having not been a wheat beer drinker I have no idea how this is going to turn out, looks more this an ale in the FV and there isn't much of smell from it.

Hopefully SWMBO will like it, cause its going to take me ages to clean th FV:-(

I didn't have much luck with Wilko's wheat, probably because I only fermented for a few days (new brewer here).

The latest wheat kit I tried was Festival world beer German Weiss and I've started drinking it after 2 weeks conditioning.

Am very pleased with the results.

I might give Wilko wheat another try next year but ferment for longer.

...get some oxi on that fv! Boiling water shake it up hose it down! No scrubbing required.

Cheers

Clint

To be fair I have racked it into a secondary FV/Bottling bucket and am giving it another week. taking ages to stablise and is down to 1.012 now.

The FV was given the full oxi treatments and has been ok, but was worried that some of the crude on the lid looked to be getting mouldy!

Will hopefully finally bottle this on sunday and see how it goes from there.

Only saving grace is that it has tied up an FV for weeks cause the wife is doing my head in because of all the beer I have brewed. Can't convince her it needs time in the bottle, and that "honest I am not drinking to much!!":whistle:

:drink:

just about to bottle tonight as its stead on the hydrometer, but looking at the priming sugar calc site, says use nearly 225 gram.. that seems like and awful lot? any ideas?

ok, will go with the calc. just seemed like loads compared to the normal 100g in ale etc.

great post lads. I have just bottled the 2 can kit which I picked up cheaply due to them being fazed out.

Sounds like the 1 can is behaving similarly and it's reasonably priced too.

I have dry hopped mine with 50g of Amarillo and 50g of Citra.

Back