The uKeg - thoughts?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shampoo

Reaction score
I mean this thing, the co2 pressurized mini growler/keg thing:

ukeg%20contest%20main.jpg

Source: https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/08/win-a-ukeg-the-ultimate-pressurized-beer-growler.html

Initially I was delighted at the look and the idea of it, till I saw how tiny it is. Maybe good for something with a stonking ABV.

Costs $139 to buy, and thats before shipping. Theres a larger version coming it seems but of course with a larger price tag.

I think if I could get one in the UK I'd be tempted, but deep down if I had one I'd probably use it once or twice before storing it away somewhere.

I love how these look, but the company has had some serious production quality issues, so I'm not going to risk adding myself to the growing list of unhappy customers. I'm going to wait a year or so to see if they can sort it out and then look into it again.

Looks cool but at quite a price.
I'd be more interested in a standard stainless growler from someone like Brewbuilder, which can be fitted with a dispensing system. A much cheaper option and available in a range of sizes.

If thats their advertising photo for it you would think they would have at least poured a beer out of it with a bit of a head on it.

Converting 64 ounces gives you 1.82 litres so not impressed for three reasons:

1. Filled with beer I would need another one just for an evening on my own!

2. I would need 13 of them to store a 23 litre brew.

3. HOW MUCH???? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Maybe I'm just not the market they are looking at! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back