Licorice and Blackberry Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCat

Landlord.
Reaction score
East and West Grimblestbottom under the rye
What do you think of this? Licorice and Blackberry Stout. Someone said it could taste like Jagermeister but i doubt it and i like it.

4kg Maris Otter
1kg flaked barley
600g roasted Barley
300f Special B
Bittered to 40IBU with Challenger

Will do the above recipe and rack of 10l with 500g Blackberries and half a brewers licorice stick after 10days for 1 week

Probably WLP004

Suggestions most welcome. :thumb:

What do you think of this? Licorice and Blackberry Stout. Someone said it could taste like Jagermeister but i doubt it and i like it.

4kg Maris Otter
1kg flaked barley
600g roasted Barley
300f Special B
Bittered to 40IBU with Challenger

Will do the above recipe and rack of 10l with 500g Blackberries and half a brewers licorice stick after 10days for 1 week

Probably WLP004

Suggestions most welcome. :thumb:

I have done a couple of Blushing Blonde Ales using a kit and 500g Blackberries. The methodology is as described in the Coopers Homebrew Recipe section. You freeze the berries than add them in a hop bag to the fermenting beer after about 3 days, then take them out before bottling - similar to dry hopping.

Licorice stout - well each to his own!

I have done a couple of Blushing Blonde Ales using a kit and 500g Blackberries. The methodology is as described in the Coopers Homebrew Recipe section. You freeze the berries than add them in a hop bag to the fermenting beer after about 3 days, then take them out before bottling - similar to dry hopping.

Licorice stout - well each to his own!

Cheers Slid. I know its not everyones cuppa. I am starting to think i should do them separately and mix in the glass to see if the combo works. I added half a stick of licorice before and it was nice but not enough or really noticeable. Blackberry Stout does sound nice. Will be doing a Blackberry Weissbier this week and hopefully a Salted Caramel Chocolate Stout.

Latest posts

Back