Cardiff brewfest 2016

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huwb

Reaction score
What a cracking event, winner beer for me so far is beaverton neck oil, close second Otley Oximoron. Anyone else from.the forum at the depot ?

Just blagged a free bottle of hawkshead newzeland pale ale, freebie takehome

bugger! - I was in brum so missed out on bf2016 as well as the swansea bay beer festival :-( I knew this would happen so I made my own festival up....

brewdog brum & post office vaults plus a selection from waitrose and my shed on arrival home :whistle:

I'm hoping to get down there tomorrow, was it worth it? I only live around the corner from the venue.

Deffo worth a look i think. All in all good afternoon killed a few hours.

I'm here now, it's quite quiet..!
All the more beer for me then.
Just had a Left Handed Giant Duet, excellent ple ale.
Cloud water are here, but don't have any of their DIPA's :-(
Weird Beard Mariana Trench next.

No Mariana Trench either!!! Omg.
Beavertown neck oil to save the day!

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a cracking event. We got there early but it was buzzing by the time we left.
There were some outstanding beers to be had too. But I was surprised that a few breweries didn't bring their flagship brews along.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a cracking event. We got there early but it was buzzing by the time we left.
There were some outstanding beers to be had too. But I was surprised that a few breweries didn't bring their flagship brews along.

Quite a few of the bars we went to, didnt have what we wanted to try. Other than that beers, good food, music was all good :-)

I went and thought it was excellent, better than last year. I stuck to thirds so I could sample more and had beers from Left handed giant, mad dog, wylam, moor, siren, crafty devil, bad seed, weird beard, Beavertown, cloudwater, five points and a few more I am forgetting. Didn't even get around to heavy industry, otley or tiny rebel.....

Wylam were the discovery of the festival for me, their sorachi ace beer was....well...ace. Plus both of their IPAs ( Jake head and some West coast one) really good.

Seriously impressive line up, bring on next year.

Latest posts

Back