what WOW can i make with these ingredients...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Personal91

Landlord.
Reaction score
LIDL RGJ 100% NFC 1L X 3
LIDL AJ 100% FC 1L X 2
LIDL CRANBERRY JUICE DRINK 25% 1L X 2
LIDL- MARIBEL - BLACKCURRENT JAM - PER 100g - SUGAR= 60g - FRUIT= 40g
LIDL- MARIBEL - SOUR CHERRY JAM - PER 100g - SUGAR= 60g - FRUIT= 50g

i have out of date pectolase to use
yeast nutrient
champange yeast
gervin gv3
sugar

Heya guys n gals, i was hoping that you could suggest a few recipes to try with these ingredients

i can get more of them if needed or get other things aswell if that would make something groovy

i have plenty of demijohns and want to get started with them - please help

ps i think i have the ingredients to make a rose atleast ?

DJ 1.

1 x RGJ 100% NFC 1L

2 x CRANBERRY JUICE DRINK 25%

Mug of strong tea for the tannin.

Make the total sugar content 1100g for 13%

--------

DJ 2 & 3

1 x RGJ 100% NFC 1L

1 x AJ 100% FC 1L

Top these up after racking, degassing, stabilising and adding fining with a litre of apple juice (split between the two) and water to bring them up to the neck.

--------

Put the jam on your toast. :wink:

DJ 1.

1 x RGJ 100% NFC 1L

2 x CRANBERRY JUICE DRINK 25%

--------

DJ 2 & 3

1 x RGJ 100% NFC 1L

1 x AJ 100% FC 1L

Top these up after racking, degassing, stabilising and adding fining with a litre of apple juice (split between the two) and water to bring them up to the neck.

--------

Put the jam on your toast. :wink:

well thats me toast catered to...

is the out of date pectolase a lost cause then (iv got a 1kg of it so wanted it to be of some use) and should i boil the juices or just add the juices to the DJ's then top up with water to the shoulder a few days in and then the neck near the end ?

thanks for the suggestions btw :thumb:

I wouldn't risk using out of date ingredients a tub costs little, some members don't use it but that's for you to decide.

If the juice doesn't have preservative then you don't need to boil it, i steer well clear of preservative as i do not think boiling gets rid of it, search ribena wine stopped early and you will see what i mean.

Leave topping up until you have racked to another DJ, i rack onto a crushed campden tablet, add stabiliser, degas, then add fining, i then top up to the neck using apple juice (half a litre to each DJ) then water to finish.

Latest posts

Back