Ever hear of this

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Don't know if this is true, but was informed that you cannot use the fermenter for wine if they have been used for making cider, has anybody any experience of this? Sounds like non-sense to me.

Edited for nonsense question :oops:

but was informed that you can use fermentation for wine if they have been used for making cider,

Should that read - but was informed that you can not use FV's for wine if they have been used for making cider.

If it is then no i have never read that.

Lol yeah bit of a senior moment, but looking that the thread on cleaning plastic barrel there might be something in it http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=608709#post608709. Had wanted to start off a crab apple wine must in the bucket before moving to a dj and then a cider in there afterwards or vice versa. Both are being particularly acidic to start with might have an affect on the plastic.

I don't think it should be too big a problem.

I haven't checked the acidity of the mash coming out of my Mash Tun but I presume that it is heavily acidic because after an hour of steeping the copper tubing that I use as a strainer at the bottom of the Mash Tun comes out polished to a brilliant shine ...

... and I haven't noticed any changes to the plastic inside the Mash Tun or to the plastic FV that I use to boil the wort. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back