Where to buy beer in easy kegs?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W0nderW0man

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can buy commercial beer in easy kegs apart from Iceland? I am after some German Hefeweizen for an Oktoberfest-themed get together but even getting it online seems tricky, let alone in the shops. I've got some Bitburger from Iceland and would like to offer a wheat beer as well.

The only place I found something was saveur biere but as it comes from France there would be a pp charge of over 9 quid, raising the whole 5l keg to 26 quid. Not sure that's worth it really.

The poor exchange rate now means buying from Europe is not much of a bargain :(

Certain B&M stores stock Old Golden Hen, Asda and Lidl also sell them (store specific)

Amazon sell Hobgoblin for £15 but you have to buy 2 for free delivery.

Another European link https://www.my-food-online.net/drinks/beers/barrels?sPage=1&sSort=3

Been a busy day for me discussing these mini kegs, I'm on 3 separate forums discussing them!

The poor exchange rate now means buying from Europe is not much of a bargain :(

Certain B&M stores stock Old Golden Hen, Asda and Lidl also sell them (store specific)

Amazon sell Hobgoblin for �£15 but you have to buy 2 for free delivery.

Another European link https://www.my-food-online.net/drinks/beers/barrels?sPage=1&sSort=3

Been a busy day for me discussing these mini kegs, I'm on 3 separate forums discussing them!

Hehe thanks! I checked ASDA and Lidl, neither had any, not been to BM but I would be surprised if they had any wheat beer. I've seen wheat beer kegs in Lidl before but they obviously sold out now.

BEWARE of the MKs from France and elsewhere!

They have a large internal CO2 cartridge and therefore can only be reused after major surgery to the body of the keg!

Unlike the ones here in the UK they don't have a bottom tap and vent but instead use a top-tap with the internal CO2 cartridge.

They look like this ...

http://www.carrefour-calais.com/default/drinks/beer/fut-desperados-1282.html

Good luck with the party though! :thumb: :thumb:

Just google it, but rather than using the term easy keg put 5 litres or whatever size you want. Mini keg seems to another term being used.

Hehe thanks! I checked ASDA and Lidl, neither had any, not been to BM but I would be surprised if they had any wheat beer. I've seen wheat beer kegs in Lidl before but they obviously sold out now.

I've noticed lidl do lots of promotional stuff so its hit and miss. last weekend they had some obscure craft beers id never seen before (Tbh isn't unheard of) which if it weren't for being with my misses at the time reminding me I've got enough beer indoors I may have bought some.
so just keep in mind if you see something in lidl again, like a keg- don't hesitate

Last edited:
Like/Aldi will have some kind of German beer event on in mid-late September for Oktoberfest if you can wait til then.

I was in Aldi yesterday and they were starting to put stuff out for it, definitely got some bottled wheat beer out now so wouldn't be surprised if kegs came out too. They have hobgoblin at Halloween

If you are a Costco member, they are doing Hobgoblin mini kegs for £9.99+ VAT, starting today until 18th September.

Latest posts

Back