fg on cerveza..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
My wilko cerveza made with 1.5 kg of liquid malt and 500g spraymalt, og 1050, now stands at 1014 after 14 days. It was dry hopped with 50g of saaz pellets at 10 days; all bubbling and lid pressure subsided. Kit instructions suggest a fg of 1008 but that's using 1 kg of sugar in the recipe. Am I correct in saying the fg will be higher as I have used all malt and if this is constant over the next couple of days,that's it? Abv comes out at 4.72 on the brewers calculator.

Cheers

Clint

Correct, it should finish a bit higher if you use all malt, and the only way to know it has finished is with a constant hydrometer reading.

That's a fair bit of malt in there mate. I think I might have to make something like that for summer.
Kind of like my cider where I have one swingtop and you think, yep one's enough.

Yeah got a bit of a kick to it and the hops come through well. Hope to be able to drink this quite soon as my supplies are dropping...

Cheers

Clint

Latest posts

Back