What stout or porter kit would you recommend

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leedroy

Reaction score
I wanted to ask which kits of either a stout or porter you have had success with.

I normally make ipa's and larger but do like a guiness and darker beer occasionally.

Thanks in advance Lee

I really liked the youngs american mocha porter (and their IPA ) contraversially more than cooper's stout (which I imagine will be your top answer).

Coopers stout is THE goto kit stout, in fact it's so bombproof I'd say it's THE goto kit

St Peters Cream Stout - how does that fair against it ? i looked at it a few times so far but ended up buying a coopers again :)

I was looking at the youngs porter nearly bought it earlier.

I have read alot of positive reviews for the coopers but I did one of there larger size recently and itsee pretty **** so kind of puts me off.

For a Porter the Festival Pride of London Porter is really good. Probably be making another batch of it myself soon.

Coopers stout is THE goto kit stout, in fact it's so bombproof I'd say it's THE goto kit
There are two Coopers Stout kits. Original which is often on offer at Tesco and Wilko and so attracts a wider following, and the Irish.
I have done both and there is not a lot to choose between them, although if pushed my preference is the Irish.
There are many ways of boosting these kits; look at the Original review thread and choose one!

There are two Coopers Stout kits. Original which is often on offer at Tesco and Wilko and so attracts a wider following, and the Irish.
I have done both and there is not a lot to choose between them, although if pushed my preference is the Irish.
There are many ways of boosting these kits; look at the Original review thread and choose one!

I'm aware of the irish kit but never made it

I keep gong back to John bulls London porter kit, I brew with 500g of extra dark DME and 600g of Brew sugar. Makes a superb porter - better body and mouth feel than Guinness Dublin porter!

It's got to be the Cooper stout kit. It's never failed to produce an excellent beer. I've always brewed it with a little steeped chocolate malt for extra roastiness.

Back