• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Freezer (upright) free - Canterbury

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlon

Reaction score
I've got an upright freezer going begging. It's about 15 years old but working perfectly. Mrs. M's fed up with the plasticy drawers inside being broken, so she's ordered a new one. Free to anyone who's willing to collect from near Canterbury.

2016-09-14 18.38.39.jpg

Very kind of you to offer it up on the forum :thumb:

Is it standard fridge size?
I've been on the look out as my kegerator fridge is broken, and maybe with a temp controller this would be ideal???
Do upright freezers have the jutty out bit at the back/bottom inside?

Very kind of you to offer it up on the forum :thumb:

Is it standard fridge size?
I've been on the look out as my kegerator fridge is broken, and maybe with a temp controller this would be ideal???
Do upright freezers have the jutty out bit at the back/bottom inside?
Standard size I'd say. 60cm wide, 55 deep, 118cm high.
Yes, it's got a jutty-out bit inside at the bottom, making the 'floor shelf' smaller than the others.
In case you're wondering, I don't need it because SWMBO's changed the fridge recently too, so I've got the old one to convert this autumn. Haven't got room for two in the man-cave...

Sorry for being a doofus - I can see now, looking again at the picture, that's its bigger than a standard under-counter fridge, but it looks smaller than a larder fridge.
So to re-phrase my question. - Do you know if a couple of corny kegs would fit inside it?
:cheers:

Standard size I'd say. 60cm wide, 55 deep, 118cm high.
Yes, it's got a jutty-out bit inside at the bottom, making the 'floor shelf' smaller than the others.
In case you're wondering, I don't need it because SWMBO's changed the fridge recently too, so I've got the old one to convert this autumn. Haven't got room for two in the man-cave...

Thanks marlon - I've had a quick measure up, comparing to the current fridge, and think it would be big enough. I'll check to see if it will fit in the car when SWMBO gets in from work later and/or tap up a mate with a van, and get back to you tomorrow if that's OK?

Thanks marlon - I've had a quick measure up, comparing to the current fridge, and think it would be big enough. I'll check to see if it will fit in the car when SWMBO gets in from work later and/or tap up a mate with a van, and get back to you tomorrow if that's OK?
No probs Dan, it won't be available until about Wednesday, still got our dinners in it at mo.

Sorry for being a doofus - I can see now, looking again at the picture, that's its bigger than a standard under-counter fridge, but it looks smaller than a larder fridge.
So to re-phrase my question. - Do you know if a couple of corny kegs would fit inside it?
Inside, it's 49cm wide, 43cm deep, 102cm high (excluding the jutty-out bit). I've got the smaller corny's and it'll take 4 of those (just) - without planting them on top of one another that is - but, I don't know if the usual corny's are the same diameter, I haven't got any to measure

At those dimensions you will get 3 cornys in. Two side by side at the back, and one in between at the front.

A few cm off front to back being able to hold 4.

Inside, it's 49cm wide, 43cm deep, 102cm high (excluding the jutty-out bit). I've got the smaller corny's and it'll take 4 of those (just) - without planting them on top of one another that is - but, I don't know if the usual corny's are the same diameter, I haven't got any to measure

Yep, its defo big enough for a couple of cornies - and I think it will just squeeze into my car. So I'd be grateful to give it a good home if no-one else has snapped it up?

Yep, its defo big enough for a couple of cornies - and I think it will just squeeze into my car. So I'd be grateful to give it a good home if no-one else has snapped it up?
OK Dan, it's got your name on it. Mrs. M reckons she'll have it empty by next Wednesday, I'll PM you address details etc when the new one turns up. Should be Monday.

Thanks again for the freezer Marlon & it was great to meet a fellow brewer yesterday:thumb:

I got the freezer home safe and sound and it will definitely hold a couple of cornies, and if I can come up with a tidy way of keeping the plumbling in the bottom section there's also a nice shelf for bottles at the top - will give me a good excuse to invest in a bench capper and phase out my swing tops (they're to tall) as I've been threatening for ages.

Thanks again for the freezer Marlon & it was great to meet a fellow brewer yesterday:thumb:

I got the freezer home safe and sound and it will definitely hold a couple of cornies, and if I can come up with a tidy way of keeping the plumbling in the bottom section there's also a nice shelf for bottles at the top - will give me a good excuse to invest in a bench capper and phase out my swing tops (they're to tall) as I've been threatening for ages.

Hi Dan125, thanks for taking it off my hands. And thanks for the bottles, haven't sampled them yet, thought I'd let them mature for a bit. They look like they'll be worth the wait. The labels look the part too, what program did you design them on?

Hi Dan125, thanks for taking it off my hands. And thanks for the bottles, haven't sampled them yet, thought I'd let them mature for a bit. They look like they'll be worth the wait. The labels look the part too, what program did you design them on?

Thanks - I just use Microsoft publisher (part of Office) with images borrowed of the internet. You can add the text boxes wherever you like.
I can send you one of the files to use as a starting point/template if you PM me your email address.

The freezer is working a treat :thumb: but it feels like there may be coolant and/or other workings within the side walls, which may make drilling holes for the gas in tubes a bit of a gamble. Its a long shot - but you wouldn't happen to know if this is indeed the case would you???

Thanks - I just use Microsoft publisher (part of Office) with images borrowed of the internet. You can add the text boxes wherever you like.
I can send you one of the files to use as a starting point/template if you PM me your email address.

The freezer is working a treat :thumb: but it feels like there may be coolant and/or other workings within the side walls, which may make drilling holes for the gas in tubes a bit of a gamble. Its a long shot - but you wouldn't happen to know if this is indeed the case would you???

Just PM'd you Dan125

Just PM'd you Dan125

I've put a couple of holes in the side of the freezer without any problems :thumb:

So I'll order up the inkbird today and hopefully have beer in it next weekend.

Did you get the labels email OK?

I've put a couple of holes in the side of the freezer without any problems :thumb:

So I'll order up the inkbird today and hopefully have beer in it next weekend.

Did you get the labels email OK?

Hi Dan, that's good news, well done!

I haven't got the labels yet - but I'd still like then please:thumb:

Latest posts

Back