• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

A Keezer - Scrounging

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezraburke

DIPA Brewer
Reaction score
I'm keeping on keeping on about building a keezer but i'm going to see if i can do it in the cheapest way possible.

If anyone has any bits and pieces lying around (tubing, connectors, kegs, co2 tanks) that they'd happily be rid of i'd be interested in talking prices and postage.

Don't ask, don't get as they say! :lol:

dont buy a co2 bottle you then become responsible for certifying its safe to use and may have difficulty getting a refill. And avoid co2 monthly premium contracts again an expensive option.
be prepared to pay a returnable bottle deposit upto £50 just the same as a calour gas bottle.. and the £15-£25 per refill, a 6,5kg bottle of co2 is a year or 2's worth barring accidental losses.

ebay for ex pub dalex styled taps for a fiver or so, tho the cheaper taps tend to have branded handles ;( the dalex style taps are much better to use than the fancy shiny metal types as you can simply unscrew the spouts for a soak between servings and needednt faf about flushing the spouts or capping them to keep the fungus gnats away.

the hidden costs can be the number of JG fittings used to connect upto thinner 3/16" microline which is very useful in reducing keg pressure before the beer hits the tap.

a cheap heating element can be a 100W incandescent light bulb either painted black or fitted into a clay plant pot to hide its light

I can offer you an STC1000 v1.0 without solderpads for upgrading for a fiver plus actual pnp if interested, i bought it to reflash but while its the right model and the pcb has the 5 holes drilled for the reprogramming header, they are missing the metal soldepads to make an electrcal connection so I failed to reflash it so its still using the standard out of box control system.

I can offer you an STC1000 v1.0 without solderpads for upgrading for a fiver plus actual pnp if interested, i bought it to reflash but while its the right model and the pcb has the 5 holes drilled for the reprogramming header, they are missing the metal soldepads to make an electrcal connection so I failed to reflash it so its still using the standard out of box control system.

Fil, solid advice on all fronts. I'm looking at it with a serious skinflint head on. I'll keep the STC-1000 in mind as was looking at integrating the control rather than using an Inkbird-type plug interrupter. Just need to acquire my sparky's approval (dad!).

Without adding a heating element of sorts would a freezer allow the temperature to rise to a sensible temperature with this kind of temperature control?

I will take the STC1000 v1.0 if ezraburke does not if you dont mind post. All the best Buster.

ebay for ex pub dalex styled taps for a fiver or so, tho the cheaper taps tend to have branded handles ;( the dalex style taps are much better to use than the fancy shiny metal types as you can simply unscrew the spouts for a soak between servings and needednt faf about flushing the spouts or capping them to keep the fungus gnats away.

This is interesting as I'm at this point in my build and was about to buy some of those fancy shiny metal ones. Need 2 and they're £60 delivered :/ Would you have a link to one of these mate so I know what to look for?

dont buy a co2 bottle you then become responsible for certifying its safe to use and may have difficulty getting a refill. And avoid co2 monthly premium contracts again an expensive option.
be prepared to pay a returnable bottle deposit upto �£50 just the same as a calour gas bottle.. and the �£15-�£25 per refill, a 6,5kg bottle of co2 is a year or 2's worth barring accidental losses.

the hidden costs can be the number of JG fittings used to connect upto thinner 3/16" microline which is very useful in reducing keg pressure before the beer hits the tap.

a cheap heating element can be a 100W incandescent light bulb either painted black or fitted into a clay plant pot to hide its light

i would love to have this as havent got any means of heating/controlling heat on my brews apart from the temperature of the insulated shed at the moment!

Latest posts

Back