Need hop expertise please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howyoubrewin

Regular.
Reaction score
I am brewing a maple pumkin ale tomorrow and was advised by a member on the forum to use bramling cross hops as they give of a fruits of the forest esque flavour and aroma.

I have a handful of other hops in the freezer and would like your opinion please on which of the following options to pair with the bramling cross.

1. Cascade
2. Hull melon
3. NZ Wai-it
4. NZ Wakatu
5. Galaxy
6. Stick to bramling alone for bitterness and flavour.

Give me your thoughts folks as I really don't want to cock this one up.

Cheers all!

With the pumpkin and Maple I would just use a hop for bittering only. There will be too many flavours fighting with each other.

...I got 10 pumpkins off my allotment. .one must weigh 40lb! Nearly followed through picking it up! Can I make beer with them?

Cheers

Clint

I am brewing a maple pumkin ale tomorrow and was advised by a member on the forum to use bramling cross hops as they give of a fruits of the forest esque flavour and aroma.

I have a handful of other hops in the freezer and would like your opinion please on which of the following options to pair with the bramling cross.

1. Cascade

2. Hull melon

3. NZ Wai-it

4. NZ Wakatu

5. Galaxy

6. Stick to bramling alone for bitterness and flavour.

Give me your thoughts folks as I really don't want to cock this one up.

Cheers all!

I would use some cascade with the bram X. It should maybe only be 25% cascade in each of the flavour and aroma additions. But I think it would help lift the beer and flavours overall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I think a light touch with the hops would be preferable with this sort of beer, bramling X only, bittering and maybe a small flavour addition at 15 mins.

Thanks for the advice everyone. T-minus 1 hour til brewday and I will go for bramling x only. Two additions for bitter in and flavour. I think the flavours from the spice,pumpkin and maple would be a bit spoiled with too much flavour and aroma from the hops.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back