My first A/G bottled

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa,just bottled up 7 x330ml and 5x 550ml bottles of my first crack at A/G. Had a swig from the trial jar and i know it does not really stand for much but it tasted way better than any of my extract brews at this stage:thumb:
Another going on at the weekend:lol:

003.jpg

006.jpg

Well done Chub1. That's a very clear looking sample jar...

ps what style is it?
It is an 'ordinary bitter' came out at 3.94% or thereabouts,a tad higher than expected at 3.72%, i don't know what that would be due to!

Top work mate.
That sample jar looks like one of my samples on a saturday night.....
Joking aside really pleased for you - it seems you and I have both trodden down the same path. Well done
If you have loads of DME to get rid of I can point you in the direction of an excellent recipe (freely available on youtube, just so don't I annoy another forum member!!)
Well done and cool labels

Looks great. The bitters and stouts I've done all grain have all tasted great out of the FV, just done a Kolch and that tastes great in the FV too. This was not the case with the kits I did, in fact I poured most of it away. Once you taste your AG brew you will be sold on it.

Looks great, pretty clear going in the bottle - and agree with others comments, no way back once you've tried all grain.

Totally agree with the comments on the AG. Kit beers I would have been happy with a year or so ago get left in the garage now.

Totally agree with the comments on the AG. Kit beers I would have been happy with a year or so ago get left in the garage now.
Yup did a few kits, they were ok. Have done a fair few extract's and well pleased with those, now waiting with baited breath on the A/G:lol:

Never did kits but my mate that got me into it does. His beers are good. Not had a great run so far as it is a lot to get you head round but even he said my AG was better than his kit and it was my first and he's been brewing years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Never did kits but my mate that got me into it does. His beers are good. Not had a great run so far as it is a lot to get you head round but even he said my AG was better than his kit and it was my first and he's been brewing years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In the same way that even a lovely can of peas will not be as good as freshly picked peas, or even frozen ones.

Latest posts

Back