Lowicz strawberry tc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam

Regular.
Reaction score
Ive made a strawberry tc it's been going for nearly 4 week now the og was 1.070 and I've checked the gravity two days ago and it's down to 1.004 and it still seems to be bubbling very little now mind you I've racked into another dj . Shall I leave it fully ferment out or shall I put stabliser in to stop it please?

You having it flat mate ? Can't stabilise if you were planning to prime it ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

OK don't stabilise it then chief
If you have any sediment in the bucket it's in, then rack it once more and add your priming solution, then bottle that bad boy 😀

Ive made a strawberry tc it's been going for nearly 4 week now the og was 1.070 and I've checked the gravity two days ago and it's down to 1.004 and it still seems to be bubbling very little now mind you I've racked into another dj . Shall I leave it fully ferment out or shall I put stabliser in to stop it please?

Which recipe did you follow ?

OK don't stabilise it then chief
If you have any sediment in the bucket it's in, then rack it once more and add your priming solution, then bottle that bad boy 😀

Cheers Roddy it's going to be a strong one to 😁😁😁

No kidding, will be about 9% 😵😵😵

Do you think i should use more yeast next time to speed up fermentation or you think tea spoon is good enough for one gallon dj ?
I think I'll put less juice in next time to make it bit weaker 😁

I usually get my tc's down to 1.000 without much trouble, with a 5-8g sachet for 25L

Wouldn't hurt to add a little extra next time you are doing tho

I usually get my tc's down to 1.000 without much trouble, with a 5-8g sachet for 25L

Wouldn't hurt to add a little extra next time you are doing tho

Looked at tc today it's still fermenting best leave it before I bottle it is it?

Could do mate, give it another week then crack on and bottle it

Could do mate, give it another week then crack on and bottle it

Even thou I've racked it off its been going for four weeks now is it ok to keep it going for another week ?

You shouldn't bottle it until you're pretty sure primary fermentation is finished... which would either be giving it another week or waiting until the sg reading is the same for 2 days on the trot

You shouldn't bottle it until you're pretty sure primary fermentation is finished... which would either be giving it another week or waiting until the sg reading is the same for 2 days on the trot

Well Roddy I'm defo bottling it cause I've checked gravity now and it's the same as it was 4 days ago 😃😃 still don't know why the air lock is still going ever so slightly thou ?

Think I'll put less apple in on the next one try 2 ltrs apple to a lowicz 😀

Latest posts

Back