Thursday is the new Friday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
Day off tomorrow - only seems fitting to tuck into a bottle of my first WOW.

Nothing more satisfying knowing it was made with my own fair hands [emoji851]

Well... with some guidance from the folks on this 'ere forum [emoji41]

Looking at recipes tonight for a good turbo cider, 25l. Recommendations ?

Mrs AK wants a pear and mint - anyone tried pear before ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day off tomorrow - only seems fitting to tuck into a bottle of my first WOW.

Nothing more satisfying knowing it was made with my own fair hands [emoji851]

Well... with some guidance from the folks on this 'ere forum [emoji41]

Looking at recipes tonight for a good turbo cider, 25l. Recommendations ?

Mrs AK wants a pear and mint - anyone tried pear before ?

Awesome! What was the WOW that you made up ?

+ do you have a pic of it ?

Awesome! What was the WOW that you made up ?

+ do you have a pic of it ?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=65099&share_fid=34843&share_type=t

A recipe from Roddy - above. Recommended !!

1972ef347debcf730e76e03d5b8b9d65.jpg

e8a64e18bf278e4f3a48917a76cbb603.jpg

Yum yum... if you're going for it, build in some recovery time tomorrow mate... 😂

It took me a few bottles to get used to it vs commercial bev !

Let us know what you make of it 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yum yum... if you're going for it, build in some recovery time tomorrow mate... [emoji23]

It took me a few bottles to get used to it vs commercial bev !

Let us know what you make of it [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm never going back to commercial !! Damn that stuff was good and creeps up on you !!

Mrs AK had a glass or two so it passed the acid test !!

No headache either ... although may need to walk slightly slower for first few hours [emoji41]

No headache either ...

This is something i have also noticed since switching from cheap supermarket white wine to cheap supermarket juice wine, i wonder if there is something in the Supermarket wine that is not in our WOW variants.

Sulphates and the like give you the extra hangover.

Have a look here to some **** they put in your wine: http://winefolly.com/review/wine-additives/ Edit: Had a little think, besides the stabilsers they use, might be sodium/potassium imbalance in the bloodstream from sulphation and extra salt intake with chesses and red meats that you tend to eat with red wine and not just the wine. Your blood pressure would go up as a result of excess sodium in relation to potassium, hence extra headache. We tend to use potassium sorbate which would help in balancing na/K balance in bloodstream keeping blood pressure lower. Just an idea. I'll have to test have a shop bough red I'll drink tonight and I'll eat an Avocado highest in potassium and if I get a bad hangover it's the alcohol lol.

Sulphates and the like give you the extra hangover.

Have a look here to some **** they put in your wine: http://winefolly.com/review/wine-additives/ Edit: Had a little think, besides the stabilsers they use, might be sodium/potassium imbalance in the bloodstream from sulphation and extra salt intake with chesses and red meats that you tend to eat with red wine and not just the wine. Your blood pressure would go up as a result of excess sodium in relation to potassium, hence extra headache. We tend to use potassium sorbate which would help in balancing na/K balance in bloodstream keeping blood pressure lower. Just an idea. I'll have to test have a shop bough red I'll drink tonight and I'll eat an Avocado highest in potassium and if I get a bad hangover it's the alcohol lol.

Can't wait to see the result !?

Serious note - I'm loving the science of this sh[emoji898]t. Bought a 2nd hand homebrew book today from what looks like 1960 ! Quandary- how does one turn some of that science to modern day Wow [emoji15]

Can't wait to see the result !?

Serious note - I'm loving the science of this sh[emoji898]t. Bought a 2nd hand homebrew book today from what looks like 1960 ! Quandary- how does one turn some of that science to modern day Wow [emoji15]

No idea but my experiemnet is falling apart , ate avocado, drunk shop bought wine, some salty chessy snacks, then opened a bottle and finished last years blackberry wine. If I don't have a hangover I'm converting to reglion.

Latest posts

Back