Recipe ideas needed for these ingredients...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madchester7

Reaction score
I got given a bunch of hops today and as I'm new to home brew, without lots of research I'm not sure what to brew with them, they are:
Green bullet 12.7
Galena 13.2
Palisade 8.7
Bishop 5.35
Goldings 4.22
Cascade 9.0
I already have simcoe and have Hallertau mittelfru and bramling cross on order.

Grains I have are pale ale malt, crystal 100, 200, 400 (only about a pound of each) torrified wheat, Belgian Pilsner malt, special b, Cara Munich 3, carafa special 3, chocolate malt and dark candi sugar.

I can get small amounts of other Ingredients but I have spent too much already and I have a lot of grain so I want to try and brew a diverse range of styles with what I already have.

I have a good English ale yeast (250ml) in my refrigerator and have fermentis T-58 and fermentis abbaye on the way. Any other yeast I could get from my local home brew shop.

I also have a fermentation refrigerator.

So any suggestions without having to buy much more grain would be appreciated :)

I look forward to any suggestions:thumb:

I'd go something along the lines of:

5kg pale ale
.25kg crystal 100
20g galena 60 mins
20g cascade 15 mins
20g palisade 0 mins
20g cascade 0 mins
20g palisade dry hop
20g cascade dry hop

Should give a nice American APA. Using the English Ale yeast and fermenting at about 20c should give a nice hint of fruityness. I've assumed the hops are pellets but if not add another 10% to each. I'm not a big fan on cascade, although everyone else is, so personally I'd switch that out with Simcoe.

I'd go something along the lines of:

5kg pale ale
.25kg crystal 100
20g galena 60 mins
20g cascade 15 mins
20g palisade 0 mins
20g cascade 0 mins
20g palisade dry hop
20g cascade dry hop

Should give a nice American APA. Using the English Ale yeast and fermenting at about 20c should give a nice hint of fruityness. I've assumed the hops are pellets but if not add another 10% to each. I'm not a big fan on cascade, although everyone else is, so personally I'd switch that out with Simcoe.

They are leaf hops. I've just vac sealed them all but some of the hops wouldn't fit in the vac bags; 60g green bullet, 30g cascade and 30g galena. I might do something on the lines of what you suggested but use green bullet in place of palisade, do you think that might work?

Latest posts

Back