Late to the party but ... Demijohns @ £5

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wilko / Wilkinsons are still offering 4.5ltr D/J's at �£5. Picked up a couple more today, nice bit of Munton's branded kit.

Bit steep for £ 5, normally pay at max £2 used, but for a starter great price!

Just got 10 second hand demijohns and two 54litre green ones in great condition all for �£20.

Missus has nicked the two large ones for decoration! Early days for me to fill one of those babies up but I know where to find them!

I also thought about the difficulty of cleaning, i wouldn't want to lift a full one a plastic FV is heavy enough.

Nothing as they are too heavy to shift around full and a pain to wash out. Plus the misses would take as decoration or chuck it as soon as it entered the house. I pick up 1 gal' djs cheap in charity shops or sometimes car boots.

This is cheap: https://www.balliihoo.co.uk/23-litr...r-p-278.html?gclid=CKua54r0vs8CFUk6Gwod7c8GfQ

I have seen them priced up thrice that price.

Same one is slightly cheaper at Brewbitz plus they do the handle for them at �£3.75 which seems to be 5 or 6 squids elsewhere.

If I could travel to where the goodies are and then transport them home I'd probably go hunting around for best price, but had to rely on a kindly shopper to do the biz on my behalf.

And going off topic - I've since managed a visit to my nearest Wilkinsons and was pleasantly surprised at how much more 'upmarket' they now seem. Decent range of products and a nice little selection of preserving jars too.

Just got 10 second hand demijohns and two 54litre green ones in great condition all for ��£20.

Missus has nicked the two large ones for decoration! Early days for me to fill one of those babies up but I know where to find them!

very nice - we talking 54 litre glass demijohn or plastic container ?

Back