DME and EKG only recipe request, please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willo123

New Brewer
Reaction score
Hello

all i have is

• 100g East Kent Goldings (Alpha 5.49%)
  • 1 kg Spray Dried Malt Extract light (EBC 9)
  • 2 x 11.5g Safale s-04 yeast

does anyone know a recipe i can make please?

thanks.:smile:

Hello

all i have is

• 100g East Kent Goldings (Alpha 5.49%)
  • 1 kg Spray Dried Malt Extract light (EBC 9)
  • 2 x 11.5g Safale s-04 yeast

does anyone know a recipe i can make please?

thanks.:smile:
You could do a brew of say 8 litres, much more and it would be quite weak. It will be a pale brew.
Possibly -8 litre brew, 6 litre boil for 40 minutes, top up Fv with water to 8 litres.
Get water onto boil, add the spraymalt and 15 grams of hops at start of boil, add 10 grams with 15 minutes left of the boil, add 5 grams with 5 minutes left and at 40 minutes turn off heat, add 15 grams of hops, stick the pan lid on and stick it in the sink to cool. Strain in FV when cooled, top up with water, good swish and sprinkle yeast onto top or re hydrate. You can get away with half a packet, seal it up bung in fridge for another brew:thumb:.
The above should give you around 4.3% or so of a pale brew with an IBU of around 32.0.
Dare say a few others will give you probably better suggestions than i have done, happy brewing.

1 kg of dme made upto 10l would give you a 1.040 OG simmer in a partially closed pot to let DMS escape while minimising the boil off with you full boil hops, i would check with an online IBU calculator for the bitterness target based on the alpha % and your boil duration. 45-60 mins should effect a good hot break.

add kettle finniings irish moss or protoflock for the last 15 mins of the boil.

for flame out and perhaps after its cooled to 80c post boil add as much of the hops as you want for aroma, and let steep for a good 30 mins mixing in occasionally and 30 ins left to settle before chilling

one pack of hydrated yeast will be ample.

Latest posts

Back