The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew65

Reaction score
Hi, just joined the forum having recently started home brewing, daughter bought me a kit and off i went.
Having dome the Woodefords Wherry ok i did their Admirals reserve and its nice and drinkable but still a bit sweet, might try without priming sugar (in the barrell)
Last one i did was festival landlord one and its in the garage at the moment and I dont know if its gone wrong.
It was started early September when it was warm, running around 24 degrees mostly. It bubbled away nicely, added hops as instructed and then left. Barrelled it as per instuctions and left warm untill two weeks ago when it was bumped into the garage, at which point i drew a sample off and it was flat, swapped caps on the barrell and stuck a CO2 cartridge in it, two weeks later and it still tastes off, do i leave it and see what happens or is the fact it was flat in the barrell an indication it was dead some time ago?
Thanks in advance
Ps it was a new barrell and tap and a non co2 cap, but withe the new cap has held pressure and old cap looks ok.

You say it tastes off, can you describe how? Did you prime it in the barrel? 24 degrees is a bit warm, this can cause some unusual flavours, but it's still quite young so it might be ok if you give it another few weeks.

Hi,
It tastes slightly sour. Yes the priming sugar was added and its the fact that it was flat that made me think it had gone wrong. Colours ok but still cloudy.

Back