Hello from Hampshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TattyJJ

Reaction score
Hi all!
Figured i'd start here before bombarding you with questions....
I'm pretty much a total newbie, so forgive me if it seems like I've no idea what I'm doing or talking about, I really don't :oops:
Well, I used to help my dad make apple and oak leaf wine yonks ago, i guess that counts for something....

Anyway, looking at making some cider. Had a pretty large quantity of apples donated to me, a nice mix of dessert apples and cookers. Have bought the kit i need (I think) online and should be with me shortly.

I do have a few questions but i'll post them in a more relevant area.

That'll do for now :cheers:

Hi all!
Figured i'd start here before bombarding you with questions....
I'm pretty much a total newbie, so forgive me if it seems like I've no idea what I'm doing or talking about, I really don't :oops:
Well, I used to help my dad make apple and oak leaf wine yonks ago, i guess that counts for something....

Anyway, looking at making some cider. Had a pretty large quantity of apples donated to me, a nice mix of dessert apples and cookers. Have bought the kit i need (I think) online and should be with me shortly.

I do have a few questions but i'll post them in a more relevant area.

That'll do for now :cheers:

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Where in Hampshire are you from ? It's always good to meet local folks who brew cider, did my first batch a month or two ago and never turned out to badly.

Enjoy :thumb:

Regards

J

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Where in Hampshire are you from ? It's always good to meet local folks who brew cider, did my first batch a month or two ago and never turned out to badly.

Enjoy :thumb:

Regards

J

Ta muchly :cheers:

I'm in Basingstoke, so the north Hampshire....
My first batches of cider has been fermenting for a week now. Tasted some of it at the weekend while checking the gravity. One was pretty good, the other was just a mouthful of yeast :sick:
Curtesy to a bargin find at a boot sale my brewing list is about to start expanding somewhat.
Might have got a little carried away :whistle:

Latest posts

Back