The sun.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This coming from a paper that still thinks a daily picture of a half dressed women is acceptable. :roll:

rrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

Absolute dross publication. Only slightly above the intellectual level of The Daily Sport or Titbits.
I wouldnt even believe the date on the front of it

This coming from a paper that still thinks a daily picture of a half dressed women is acceptable. :roll:

rrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

I never read or watch any MSM. Didn't know they still had page3.

Dont think so..... They just put smut on every page now. Lottery winner? Heres a picture of his wife in a bikini.... New England manager? Heres a picture of his daughter... In a bikini..Man loses family in horrific house fire..... Heres his wife and daughter in bikinis, get the picture?

rrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

chippy, if you think OLA is HALF DRESSED I worry about you. She's quarter dressed at most :oops:

unless of course you're from Newcastle where a tee-shirt is acceptable in the middle of winter on a night out. :whistle:

But yes I think there's more than a touch of hypocrisy there. let's be honest, it's not a factual read :D

chippy, if you think OLA is HALF DRESSED I worry about you. She's quarter dressed at most :oops:

unless of course you're from Newcastle where a tee-shirt is acceptable in the middle of winter on a night out. :whistle:

But yes I think there's more than a touch of hypocrisy there. let's be honest, it's not a factual read :D

A think yill find sum folk wears two teeshorts in the TOON when its relly kawld like!

I didn't but guessed they still did as i could not remember the uproar from the great unwashed when they announced they were stopping it.

This was the reason i stopped buying the Sun.

1986: Printers and police clash in Wapping

Eight police officers have been injured and 58 people arrested in the worst outbreak of violence yet outside the News International printing plant in Wapping, east London.
One officer, a 27-year-old sergeant, was taken to hospital with head injuries.

Police estimated 5,000 demonstrators gathered near the printing works for a mass demonstration.

Similar mass protests have taken place regularly outside the Wapping plant ever since the start of a strike three weeks ago over new working conditions and the move from Fleet Street to cheaper premises in East London.

Summary dismissal

News International publishes some of Britain's best known newspapers - the Times, the Sunday Times, the Sun, and the News of the World.

Its owner, Australian press baron Rupert Murdoch, has been heavily criticised for his handling of the dispute.

He summarily dismissed the thousands of staff members who downed tools on 24 January, and brought in members of the maverick electricians union, the EETPU, to keep the printers running.

Ever since, the strike has become an increasingly violent and bitter battle between the printers, the police and Mr Murdoch

Riot shields

For the first time since picketing began, police used riot shields during today's fighting, and mounted police were brought in to break up sections of the crowd.

Wyn Jones, Deputy Assistant Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said, "We saw the classic example of honest well-intentioned union members supporting their cause being joined by diverse elements whose only interest was in causing as much trouble as possible.

"They were intent on disrupting business and assaulting officers."

Police barricades have been put up at entrances to the Wapping site, and traffic has been stopped from getting through apart from vans carrying copies of newspapers.

'Peaceful picketing' appeal

Michael Hicks, an official for the main union involved in the strike, Sogat '82, said today's turnout had been "magnificent", but added, "Unfortunately we had a handful of people who joined this march who did not carry out the instructions of the print workers' stewards."

The general secretary of Sogat '82, Brenda Dean, also condemned the violence.

She said, "If fringe people were responsible for violence, that is not helping our case. We would appeal to everyone to have peaceful picketing and demonstrating at Wapping."

More - http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/15/newsid_3455000/3455083.stm

I expect nothing less from The Sun. The Irony of that front cover is likely lost on anyone that takes that paper seriously.

Unfortunately a lot of later generations, including mine, have been programmed to respond to sexual advertising.Or at the very least are being taken advantage of by the media appealing to sexual stimuli. People should be outraged that Images of "perfection"(male and female) being used to sell sell sell!

Note also how over sexualised the human breast actually is.

Par Example:

Human Breasts:- "Yea hot wow, check out those puppies" (excuse my being crude)

Human breast milk: "Breast feeding in public, gross"

Breast milk from another species: "Sure, put that in my coffee and on my cereal.Whats sexual about that? Not like cows need to be pregnant produce milk or anything."

Pardon my rant.

Liked because of the tshirt Geordie ref. My wife is a Geordie, it's cold up there but she don't feel it.

I've not read the rest of the posts. So shoot me now. Plus don't read the papers. Honestly, I have no idea who these people are.

A think yill find sum folk wears two teeshorts in the TOON when its relly kawld like!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxXbpHeIrUc&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Two teeshorts? Geraway man!

The page numbers are there just in case it falls into the hands of someone who reads. People usually just follow the pages by the pictures on it.

Just after I left school I used to buy the Sun and something to read!

One teeshort's enough for me. I was saving up for a ganzy but holding off to see if global waaming teks haad and ahl not need it!

Wey if ya dee wear two tee-shirts ,n it gets awa waarm, ya can all ways role ya sleeve up man

One teeshort's enough for me. I was saving up for a ganzy but holding off to see if global waaming teks haad and ahl not need it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I only ever wear two layers up top at most - must be my fathers genes as he's from chester-le-street, even though i'm a south walian.

Aye but its not real cold up there, like we civilised southern gents have to endure 6" snow banks et al.. its namby pamby geordie cold just the left overs from scotland.. ;) Euro friendly cold at that PAH!:whistle:

Aye but its not real cold up there, like we civilised southern gents have to endure 6" snow banks et al.. its namby pamby geordie cold just the left overs from scotland.. ;) Euro friendly cold at that PAH!:whistle:

Hew man we git 6inchiz o frost in joon where a live man like

Always been the paper for the mindless masses

Always will be. keeps their 3 brains cells occupied

Back