Bri's grainfather ettempt part 1

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning brewer!
Well this will be my first attempt of using the grainfather and a AG brew, hence the part 1.
Thinking (omg he's thinking again lol) not only a review as such at the grainfather performs...but the obvious problems I could face with my one hand operation...hoply it could help someone in the future with similar disabilities.
Hmmmmmmm! What recipe I want to ettempt, and how much litres I should make, the grain bill plus water with one arm lifting etc.
TBH part one could be a 'dry run' of pics of the set up...including the grainfather sparge water boiler aswell.
Please if this thread needs put elsewhere, as this seems a review type of thread not brew day!. I could name the next attempt part 2..
Now have to look on the net if I've saved the recipes anywhere...
I recall I used a app on my old craptop...??? Sorry can't remember?
Any help would be great....probly simple to find but to me hard :-(
Atb
Bri

I think from the lifting pov it would be good idea to do a 10 or 15ltr Brew to start with. I've just fine my first 23ltr and I struggled. Yes I could of done it differently ..in stages but that was the learning curve for me.

I think from the lifting pov it would be good idea to do a 10 or 15ltr Brew to start with. I've just fine my first 23ltr and I struggled. Yes I could of done it differently ..in stages but that was the learning curve for me.

I was just thinking the same, you can get micro pipework for the GF to allow 10l brews.

Great replies lads...
Yeah the I've had tests with my good arm and its twice a strong as two arms....if you know what I mean?
It's took nearly two years to get it build up so I can lift a full 25l plus with one arm no problem..once upon a time two hands would needed!
But the movement isn't just straight lifting..so I'll fathom it out with the dry runs....unless I get our lass to help!!! Lol nay offence to her she's I bit weak I'm the arms strength!!!
Atb
Bri

Me thinks the milk choc stout is the first!!!
Now how to remember the app I used on the craptop etc..is it brew mate or summit like that!! Can't remember...
Atb
Bri

Please if this thread needs put elsewhere, as this seems a review type of thread not brew day!. I could name the next attempt part 2..

Its fine here Bri and as you add to it it will bump it each time. :thumb:

Its fine here Bri and as you add to it it will bump it each time. :thumb:
thx my m8,
defo milk chock stout.
people are concerned for my lifting the grain out....
looking back...I want a final brew of 23L....the recipe was 25L.
ok its 24L pre wort chiller and 23L...
why does numbers etc confuse me.....
any help of the original recipe of 25L to 23L....and if possible suggest getting the ABV a bit higher:lol:
ATB
Bri

Morning all,
I'm going to revise the recipe a little..
Adding Irish moss or protofloc aswell just to be sure.
Wup! Wup! Watching the window for the courier to arrive with the grainfather...then one of the worst jobs...unpacking with one hand ha ha! But I'll get there....emazing how someone adapt...failing that our lass is in this after noon..
Btw she uttered the words "how much is it?" Haha! Felt like saying "I don't ask you every time you buy a poxy bag or shoes!" But I didn't!!
Half the price and said I got a deal also for the sparge water boiler aswell!! :-)
Atb
Bri

hello guys,
you know now I'm not the brightest bulb in the box...so I need nurturing for the apps like beersmith, brew mate and brewers friend.
things are slowly coming back to but as u can imagine a bit daunting.
how can I input my profile into then or single app (specially beersmith) using the new grainfather...and I have the grainfather sparge water boiler aswell?
I'm looking on each app, using a recipe XML doc.
great for exporting already done recipes, but getting a new recipe I.e. the ingredients etc getting the grainfather profile is confusing..
which one is best for making a new recipe?
ive used them all but skill fade and memory gone..think I started with beersmith..not sure.
I'm waffling so I stop now, I think you get the gist by now what I'm wanting lol
ATB
Bri

Taken from the beersmith website as I'm not at my home PC...

To download the add-ons in BeerSmith desktop, go to File->Add-ons and click on the Add button, then select the add-on and click Install

I can't remember the add-on name but hopefully it'll be pretty obvious.

Taken from the beersmith website as I'm not at my home PC...

To download the add-ons in BeerSmith desktop, go to File->Add-ons and click on the Add button, then select the add-on and click Install

I can't remember the add-on name but hopefully it'll be pretty obvious.

thx Mick,
you said pretty obvious!!!! I got worried....but I got there...what a legend.:thumb:
thx pal hope the rest of the operation is going to obvious to me....:doh:
ATB
Bri

The first first place for the grainfather sparge water boiler..
Now try to remember how to operate the stc 1000 to keep the sparge temp!! Lol

It's a single plug stc set up...the other setup have duel plugs for heating and cooling.
Any probs so far?
Atb
Bri

Latest posts

Back