Arent you glad you brew your own!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone can find me a 1.5 unit commercial beer for under 75p that doesnt taste like ****, I'll give them a prize!

I wish I only paid that for beer. All the beers I buy seem to be �£3+ for a 33cl can or bottle. So my homebrew is a massive saving.

If anyone can find me a 1.5 unit commercial beer for under 75p that doesnt taste like ****, I'll give them a prize!

Cider is where it's really at though for cheap bang for buck booze (I was a student once). As an example 8 cans of K from Bargain Booze = £10, comes in around 34p per unit so quite a bit less than 50p http://www.bargainbooze.co.uk/k-can-440ml-4-pack.html

I'm guessing their minimum per unit price cover all booze not just beer?

Cider is where it's really at though for cheap bang for buck booze (I was a student once). As an example 8 cans of K from Bargain Booze = £10, comes in around 34p per unit so quite a bit less than 50p http://www.bargainbooze.co.uk/k-can-440ml-4-pack.html

I'm guessing their minimum per unit price cover all booze not just beer?

Yeah it is mainly targeting cheap cider and the likes of Buckfast. As I implied, anyone who doesn't drink absolute garbage will be largely unaffected! K Cider is what that French woman was drinking in the Louis Theroux episode about alcoholics.

Only going to drive cheap booze to the black market further and good know what they will be drinking then. Anyone see still game the other day!!

Yeah it is mainly targeting cheap cider and the likes of Buckfast. As I implied, anyone who doesn't drink absolute garbage will be largely unaffected! K Cider is what that French woman was drinking in the Louis Theroux episode about alcoholics.

Thing to watch is if there is a hidden tax and or if retailers use it as an excuse to wack a price hike on drinks for grubby profit making.

K Cider is what that French woman was drinking in the Louis Theroux episode about alcoholics.

Aye, quality stuff it is.

Found a better deal though, how could I forget generic white cider - 7.5% and a mere 18p per unit. Drank quickly cold with a splash of blackcurrant to disguise the taste :lol:

http://www.bargainbooze.co.uk/products/beers-lager-cider/zeppelin-white-cider-3-litre.html

Can see this is going to hit Scottish alchys quite hard. Maybe I should start taking van loads of the stuff across the border :)

It's a bit of a myth that buckfast is a cheap drink nowadays. At around £7 a bottle it's up there at the more expensive way to get off your face. You can goto any supermarket and buy 2 bottles of cheap plonk for that price.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It's a bit of a myth that buckfast is a cheap drink nowadays. At around �£7 a bottle it's up there at the more expensive way to get off your face. You can goto any supermarket and buy 2 bottles of cheap plonk for that price.

Still need to buy pro plus to get the fighting juices flowing.

Lol that's a fair point. I don't think the stuff they export to Ireland has the caffeine added.

Latest posts

Back