Having a brew buddy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
My wife's 2 best pals are coming down for a girly catch up tomorrow morning.

The husband of one of them is also a mate of mine, and he's expressed an interest in home brewing so I've invited him down with them to join me on a brew day (bit of background - his grandad was a big name in home brewing in the 80s, released 3 books, became friends with the [then] head brewer at Caledonian Brewery and helped one of the local microbreweries when they set up 5-10 years ago).

I've already given him a choice of 2 beers to do (we are going with Common People MKII) and I'm going to try and heat the mash water before it arrives, but I'm not sure what else to do to make is as enjoyable for him as I can. Does anyone have any tips? It's only my 6th AG brew as well.

Try not to drink too many beers while brewing, I like Danny Baker on radio 5live when brewing on Saturday morning's but never brewed with a buddy so what do I know.

Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

Try not to drink too many beers while brewing, I like Danny Baker on radio 5live when brewing on Saturday morning's but never brewed with a buddy so what do I know.

Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

It'll be 10AM and I need to drop my wife and 2 year old off at the cinema at 1:45 so no danger of that!

Do you have a brew to bottle?? PITA job I know and having someone to help might actually be a benefit..

No, unfortunately. This is the first of the 2 brews I ordered from GEB las week. My Santa Paws has just finished carbonating.

Get everything measured out/ laid out - grains, hop additions, whirlfloc, chiller hoses etc.

Last time I tried it I was blithering away like a fool about yeast and esters and my timing went to pot.

A checklist wouldn't be a bad idea....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back