Sav' Blanc Winebuddy 6 bot' kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just a simple Sav' Blanc, bought 6 kits of various types for £2.50 each, & 2 youngs dj's for £1.50 each in tesco clearance a few weeks ago, noticed that muntons has replaced all the Youngs stuff.

1kg of Sugar (wanted the extra 100g to raise the abv a little)
Oak chip and yeast & nutrient provided.
Concentrate as provided.

Disolved sugar in dj with boiling water, water onto suagr in dj. Warmed the dj first to prevent shatter. Juice in, oak chips in, washed out bottle with cold water into dj and yeast etc in. 20 mins later started fermenting.

Have made before, but for £2.50 thought I might as well buy them all up for a quick wine for the winter months.

Started another 6 bottle kit of this, again with 1kg of sugar instead of 900g. Will add the flavouring to the first dj tommorow, which I ferment rather than just flavouring.

First dj Done at 0.990, added a little of the stabilser and finings. Will bottle before weekend for immediate drinking hopefully.

Had to rack and add additional finings to this, now bottled, might leave a week or two before first bottle if I can.

dj2 just added flavouring part A only at day 9.

At 0.990, added a little stabilser part 2 of flavouring and finings. Was degassing over last two days by vigorous shakes. Haven't tasted yet, will wait until I rack on Friday or Sat.

edit: Racked today Friday 11th, will leave a couple of days before bottling.

Edit: Bottled 14.11.16, already drank 5/6 bottles of the first dj :smile:

Can't see these being done again as it looks like Tesco are dropping them.

The addition of part 2 after allowing part 1 to ferment changed the flavour of the wine quite a bit, still drinkable, lesson stick to intructions on kits. Fat chance of occuring :tongue:

Latest posts

Back