Hello from Berkshire...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryP

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new here, so just saying hello.

I am in Bracknell, Berkshire.

I have been homebrewing for around 2 years, starting with kits, and now making all grain for the past 8 months.

Cheers!

Jerry

Hello all,
I am new here, so just saying hello.

I am in Bracknell, Berkshire.

I have been homebrewing for around 2 years, starting with kits, and now making all grain for the past 8 months.

Cheers!

Jerry

awesome! what got you into this all ?

awesome! what got you into this all ?

It has been something I wanted to try for quite some time (quite a few years), but it seemed a little daunting at first. The picked up a copy of Greg Hughes's book "Home Brew Beer". Between that and speaking to a friend from work who brewed, it gave me the kick to try it.

Started off with Wiko starter set and a beer kit. Did a few batches (7 or so) of kits - Woodeforde's Wherry and Milestone IPA mainly. All turned out pretty good really, so eventually decided to try all grain. I made a boiler and mash tun from plastic buckets and a temperature controller based on STC1000 for the boiler.

These went well, and I caught the bug, starting then to build a fermentation fridge based on Brew Pi and a new boiler from a stainless steel urn.

I think I like the making things bit as much as the actual brewing!

Made several different styles so far, some I prefer more, but none undrinkable... (touch wood). :)

It has been something I wanted to try for quite some time (quite a few years), but it seemed a little daunting at first. The picked up a copy of Greg Hughes's book "Home Brew Beer". Between that and speaking to a friend from work who brewed, it gave me the kick to try it.

Started off with Wiko starter set and a beer kit. Did a few batches (7 or so) of kits - Woodeforde's Wherry and Milestone IPA mainly. All turned out pretty good really, so eventually decided to try all grain. I made a boiler and mash tun from plastic buckets and a temperature controller based on STC1000 for the boiler.

These went well, and I caught the bug, starting then to build a fermentation fridge based on Brew Pi and a new boiler from a stainless steel urn.

Made several different styles so far, some I prefer more, but none undrinkable... (touch wood). :)

there is something in satisfaction from building things you make yourself - your brewing makes you happy which is the most important bit!

Welcome! Wish I could build stuff. Completely NON-DIY! 😂

The brewing bit is the best bit. I'm happy with that! Enjoy and perhaps see you at the WBB Homebrew Club some time. It's only up the road!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A man after my own heart. I am always tinkering.

When I started brewing AG in the early 90s you had no choice but to make most of the kit yourself.

Hope you can make it to the next West Berks Home Brew Club meet

Latest posts

Back