Rgj.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have just gone through the usual steps to get a couple of DJ's on the go, i went to get the juice from the fridge and found i am a carton of apple juice short so i was wondering if anyone has recently made wine with just 2 litres of RGJ instead of the usual 1 litre RGJ and a litre of something else.

How did it turn out or compare to others you have made?

I have one on the go, attempting Richard's House red
3l Waitrose Merlot grape juice
500g sugar made up to 1l with water to dissolve
I can Youngs red grape definitive

Sorry, still bubbling away so no update on taste etc!

I have 5 minutes left while the milton does its thing, if i have no negative answer by then i am going to give it a go, i am going to leave a decent gap so i can top up with apple juice.

I have just gone through the usual steps to get a couple of DJ's on the go, i went to get the juice from the fridge and found i am a carton of apple juice short so i was wondering if anyone has recently made wine with just 2 litres of RGJ instead of the usual 1 litre RGJ and a litre of something else.

How did it turn out or compare to others you have made?

how many have you got ready + are you using youngs wine yeast as per usual

I have made one DJ of RGJ + Apple (a litre of each) and one DJ with 2 litres of RGJ, i have left head-space for half a litre of apple juice to top both up, i cannot remember ever making a wine from just RGJ but am sure i have read other members trying it, i have searched but had no luck.

Yes Its Youngs super wine yeast compound, i never use anything else.

Should be fine, a 2ltr red grape will produce a light red or rose which you seem to like.

Plus you could always blend them if it its not up to scratch

i might give 1 of these variations next, i have a new yeast champagne yeast to try out so i expect it to be dry unless i make a mix with enough sugars to out-do the yeast

I've done a couple of all red 25L batches and they've turned out pretty nice, you might be a convert yet 😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My next effort is going to be 1 DonSimon RGJ, 1 AJ (or 2 RGJ) and 1 Lowicz Strawberry in place of the tea

Back