Swmbo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakeyboi

Landlord.
Reaction score
After a hard days graft I come home to this...... she ain't so bad really:

IMG_0287.jpg

It tastes like banana milkshake from McDonald's......... which I don't mind with a Big Mac. It's drinkable but keep the milkshakes for the fast food and give me beer when I want beer.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be nice if brewers were compelled to adhere to the German Purity Laws. In other words if you're calling it beer it can only contain water barley and hops.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be nice if brewers were compelled to adhere to the German Purity Laws. In other words if you're calling it beer it can only contain water barley and hops.

No, because it limits flavours that beers can contain. For example, a Witbier wouldn't be allowed to use coriander and curacao orange peel.

No, because it limits flavours that beers can contain. For example, a Witbier wouldn't be allowed to use coriander and curacao orange peel.

Or Wheat. [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Perhaps by the current marketing sham. Not originally though, and it was never about beer quality. Most classic British beers would not make the grade.

Who cares anyway? Brew what you like, with what you like.

Perhaps by the current marketing sham. Not originally though, and it was never about beer quality. Most classic British beers would not make the grade.

Who cares anyway? Brew what you like, with what you like.

Weissbiers were allowed to be brewed 4 years after the original law came into place...at a price

http://www.germanbeerinstitute.com/weissbier.html

In 1520, a mere four years after the passage of the Beer Purity Law, the Dukes of Wittelsbach, nicely ensconced in their cosmopolitan capital of Munich, granted their vassal from the hinterland, Sigismund von Degenberg, the exclusive privilege to brew and sell Weissbier in his home region—for a hefty fee, of course, which the Degenbergs then remitted for decades.

Whats your thoughts on the banana bread one?

I had a glass one xmas poured it.. passed it around and the result was unanimous

At my last job I was part of the social committee, it was up to us to organise social events, Friday beers etc. The reason I volunteered for it was to get a better beer selection in the office on a Friday. Every week I would get a few different beers in, one week it was banana bread. It went like hot cakes and those who had said they loved it and wanted it to be a regular fixture.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :-(

how could I live without candi sugar additions to my beers!

:oops: you're referring to commercial breweries right?

Back