Broadbean

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well have given up on my broadbean, no drop in sg over last 85 days, so added finings 2 days ago and have racked and topped up each to reduced sugar content per bottle. Still mediums, slightly drying taste. Will have another go as I like my broadbeans :)

Should never have followed c berrys sugar content in recipe.

Well have given up on my broadbean, no drop in sg over last 85 days, so added finings 2 days ago and have racked and topped up each to reduced sugar content per bottle. Still mediums, slightly drying taste. Will have another go as I like my broadbeans :)

:-( Sorry to hear that. As a novice I just admit I find the idea of these country wines VERY appealing. Got the WoWs on the go to slurp, got a good kit red for wine o'clock etc but the blackberry and the parsnip I have done so far have been the most enjoyable and best tasting even very young.

Which yeast did you use ? + how much sugar did you use ? And just to be a pain- what were your OG and you FG

Which yeast did you use ? + how much sugar did you use ? And just to be a pain- what were your OG and you FG

Apparently this should be a good wine, mine attempt hasn't become such lol. First off first dj had a few beans in, first mistake and I let it ferment, should have tried to remove at start. The yeast was youngs super, which was not upto the sugar content add which was 1.4kg & a 240g white grape enricher. When I decided to rack, just before it finished fermenting to remove beans, both dj's stopped when racked onto a camden. Tried to restart, already at 14% + abv' with lavin 1118, harris and then GV4, all of which failed ultimately. Which left an overal unpleasant thick body to the wine and still to sweet. Has to be dry fully fermented, could still taste the bean which spoilt it, when dry shouldn't be able to taste the bean. Have bottled and thrown in fridge outback for a few years to see if it will improve I doubt it. Next time, i'll use just 1kg with 250g of sultanas and Harris or lavin.

Back