Saltaire Gold recipe suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyLasers

Reaction score
Hi

I recently had a pint of Saltaire Gold late one night in Milo bar Leeds and it seriously enjoyable. Can anyone have a stab at a recipe for this? I bought a bottle of Saltaire Blonde thinking that was the same thing and was dissapointed when I found out it didn't have the same malty body.

I'm planning a light golden ale around 4% abv, I was thinking about cloning Wainwrights but I'd love to compare with the Saltaire Gold recipe.

Cheers!

http://saltairebrewery.co.uk/saltaire/?page_id=3478
4% abv
"Internationally award-winning kegged beer. A deep gold coloured beer with a toasty, bready, malt flavour and rich spicy hop flavours of the Saaz hop. Gold award at 2013 International Brewing Awards."

Never drank it. The reviews of it are fairly conflicting but "fruity" comes out a lot, some comparison with Belgian beers. The brewery calls it "bready". Saaz hops. Deep gold colour.

Would you say, perhaps, pilsen malt, perhaps 50/50 with UK pale malt, a little biscuit malt and/or Torrified wheat? Lob in some candi sugar to help with colour, or perhaps the biscuit malt would take care of that? Hop schedule like traditional schedule for Bohemian Pilsner? Would Mangrove Jack Tripel yeast be taking it too far?

Back