Trying to identify my Cooler / Pump

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterw1966

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and new to building a home bar (I have brewed home brew for many years though)
I recently bought a beer cooler / pump on eBay and I am having difficultly in identifying the make and model. Pictures are here - http://www.pjwilliamsconsulting.com/beer-pump The control unit is a Carel IR33, but this is pretty generic and I cannot work out how to operate the unit from the Carel manual. Any help gratefully received.

The unit cools the water in it as soon as it is turned on but the pump / agitator does not run. I have not let the unit reach the preset temperature yet (no beer connected yet) so I am unsure if this is required before the pump starts?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Regards
Peter

That looks exactly like what you would find in many pub cellars so I suggest you ask in pubs if someone can help. My understanding is the pump should work all the time and should either be connected to a beer tower designed to be chilled or just recirculates the water to stop it freezing. The rest of the tubes are just warm beer in warm beer out. Are you planning to use it as a line chiller for keg beer?

Thanks Simon.

I am intending to use for chilling keg beers.

The re-circulation is looped at the moment as I don't have beer taps that can use it (plus I am using very short runs of pipe).

As you say, I thought the agitator should run all the time to stop the water freezing. Although I do see "banks of ice" mentioned in some information, so assume that there should be ice build up around the beer tubes.

I will speak to my friendly landlord and see if he can give me some tips (although he may not be overly keen if it means I drink my beer and not his!)

Regards
Peter

Back