Suppin my Greg Hugh's milk stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stigman

Landlord.
Reaction score
Mmmm! Bloody lovely

2yo78fm.jpg

They look great!! :)

I bottled the same milk stout on 9 Oct, so not long to wait now. Admittedly, I've had a cheeky taste and it's bloody good!

That looks lovely. Haven't tried the milk stout recipe yet but yesterday bottled a Greg Hughes Black IPA. After filling 42 bottles had a pint or so left over which I drank. Even at this stage it was very nice indeed though hoppy enough so that I was tasting it for the rest of the day. :lol: Guess that's why it's an IPA and not a stout...

I can recommend the Greg Hughes xmas recipe - it's a bit green at the moment for obvious reasons but tried a couple of bottles and tastes lovely. I prob over-carbed slightly but that's nothing to do with Greg. At the moment the star anise is coming on strong but hopefully that will diminish over the next couple of mths

I got a bottle of it in a swap with @lagerlad and enjoyed it a lot. Was considering brewing it but DIY Dog Santa Paws was a lot darker than I'd expected so decided I didn't want 2 very dark brews on the go at the same time.

I'd also read a blog about someone making a peanut butter stout by substituting half the lactose sugar with this stuff, which sounded amazing!:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002GJ9JWS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I brewed that recipe ages ago and got an infection, been meaning to try it again but haven't got around to it yet.

I see you've got the Mikkeller Milk Stout conditioning Mick, have you tried it yet?
I was tossing up between brewing that one and Brewdog's Jet Black Heart and went with the Brewdog recipe because I knew I liked the real thing. All being well I'll be bottling it over the weekend, so looking forward to tasting the sample jar when I check the FG.
With regard to Greg Hughes' Milk Stout, in my experience all of his recipes are a very safe choice.

I see you've got the Mikkeller Milk Stout conditioning Mick, have you tried it yet?
I was tossing up between brewing that one and Brewdog's Jet Black Heart and went with the Brewdog recipe because I knew I liked the real thing. All being well I'll be bottling it over the weekend, so looking forward to tasting the sample jar when I check the FG.
With regard to Greg Hughes' Milk Stout, in my experience all of his recipes are a very safe choice.

I've tried a couple and it needs more conditioning, last one was looking promising tho albeit very sweet.

Back