Wilkos stout revamped

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willycoolj

Regular.
Reaction score
Just put another kit on to ferment, I decided to do a Wilkos's dark velvet stout, I added the following ingredients,

1 stout kit
200g chocolate malt steeped
100g crystal malt steeped
400g brewing sugar
454g holland & Barrett malt extract
100g malt-dextrin
500g molasses
Safale 04 yeast

Fingers crossed [emoji482]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent mate :thumb: i did that this time last year with a wilko stout kit to use up some grains... turned out nice. I did a similar thing back on Tues too, to use up grains, used a bucket of malt extract as a base this time.

All the best with the brew :cheers:

Thanks, A bucket of malt ain't cheap but will be a good quality beer [emoji482]

Thanks, A bucket of malt ain't cheap but will be a good quality beer [emoji482]

i got the malt from amazon, it was 3.18kg for 12 pounds something plus free postage. first time I've used it, time will tell i guess :smile:

There's one bloke on YouTube that makes beer using 500g dry malt extract boiled in 3litres of water for 30 mins, 10g hops at 30mins, 28g at flameout, he seems to like it.

Just put another kit on to ferment, I decided to do a Wilkos's dark velvet stout, I added the following ingredients,

1 stout kit
200g chocolate malt steeped
100g crystal malt steeped
400g brewing sugar
454g holland & Barrett malt extract
100g malt-dextrin
500g molasses
Safale 04 yeast

Fingers crossed [emoji482]

What was your OG on this? I've got a Wilko Stout in the FV, I used 1kg BE and 65g of honey and got an OG of 1050. I'm hoping the re-pitched Gervin yeast will get down to about 1008 and give me about 5.7%.

I forgot to take an OG reading, I always forget, since I been adding malto-dextrin it's been a lot better body feel on the beer kits

Latest posts

Back