Inkbird 308S review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nigelnorris

Beavis at Bat
Reaction score
Inkbird very kindly let me have a go on one for evaluation, here's what I think of it:

The thermometer is a) calibratable and b) accurate, so considering how many rubbish digital probes and broken glass thermometers I've got through over the years just that bit makes the inkbird worth having.

As mentioned elsewhere the instructions could do with some work but once you've dug your magnifying glass out you'll find that the device is very simple to use. Set a temp to aim for and upper and lower acceptable limits then plug in heating and cooling devices [or either if that's all you have] and off it goes. Display is illluminated and crystal clear so even in a unlit brew cupboard I can still read it clearly without resorting to torchlight.

There exist options to set over / under warning alarms. good for letting you kinow when mash temp is reached, or has fallen low, other stuff too most likely.

Good for regulating mash temps, and running fermentation controls be it a brew fridge or just a heating belt or fish tank heater. When it's not making beer there's probably a gazillion other potential uses for it, but I'm stocking up on IPA while the weather's good.

Here's how I've used mine:

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66430

Back