Brewnight: Blueberry TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evening all....

Inspired by pvt_uk's ravings I took the notion to put on some Blueberry cider

Ingredients
16L asda smart price apple (55p pl)
6L asda Blueberry drink (�£6)
1L strong tea
5tsp pectolase
Sachet of cider yeast with sweetener (ebay)

Method
Bung all the juice into a 27L fv
And tea....
Top up to 25L with boiling water
Temperature 18deg (Blueberry was chilled )
Sg 1.040
Throw in the yeast
Pop in cupboard for the magic to happen

Est abv 6% when fermented out to 1.000 and primed with 300g sugar solution

Happy days

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqD9OOcGhwesqxH_9aqk_jEPEUWw

589b03342198fac5c5f7695f5c56e462.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just kicked of a 5l version of this.
I put a little more blueberry in though just for variation [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us know how she tastes... ahem I mean what the SG is ....

SG tidily down to 1.000 😀

Tastes alright, will be quite light and refreshing I think, blueberry isn't the strongest of flavours I guess 😃

Have to wait until I've bottled my Strawberry wow before I can prime and bottle this one... waiting for kwik clear to be delivered for my wow 😕

One for the summer BBQ then ?
I think the strawberry lime TC with that cider yeast is the one to beat. That your favourite TC ?

One for the summer BBQ then ?
I think the strawberry lime TC with that cider yeast is the one to beat. That your favourite TC ?

Well maybe a few weeks anyway 😀

I should just throw a few boxes of these one in the loft, too easy to access being under my stairs haha

Yeah, the S&L is a cracker, having my second last bottle just now... sniff

[ame]https://vimeo.com/191208036[/ame]

Sediment has packed down nicely so only need to leave the last 5mm in the bottle to get a crystal clear pour.. yum

Sad times mate - bad planning re Kwik Clear [emoji12]
I'm supping Cherry TC which is jolly decent , and a close 2nd me thinks to the S&L.

Yeh bought it on amazon cos I expected it to come during the week and save me going to my lhbs at the weekend... doh

SG tidily down to 1.000 😀

Tastes alright, will be quite light and refreshing I think, blueberry isn't the strongest of flavours I guess 😃

Have to wait until I've bottled my Strawberry wow before I can prime and bottle this one... waiting for kwik clear to be delivered for my wow 😕

i actually quite enjoy a cloudy cider omnomnom

Kwik clear came today :) with a following wind, I'll have the WOW cleared and bottled, and the Blueberry TC primed and into bottles by the weekend

Kwik clear came today :) with a following wind, I'll have the WOW cleared and bottled, and the Blueberry TC primed and into bottles by the weekend

Another week before the big unveiling then Roddy - the excitement of this Blueberry creation is killing me [emoji23]

I put a 5l batch of this on last Friday - just done an SG and it's 1.002. That's fermented in super quick time.
Had a taste and it is quite nice isn't it. Very subtle on the Blueberry but nice and fresh.
Will bottle up on Saturday.

Good work chap 😀

I'm on my way up north to see my dad for the weekend so will have to wait until next week now before I can get bottling.. with a following wind I'll be sampling some fizzy blueberry tc by next weekend

Back