have you got your Christmas brew done?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
My aim since starting brewing earlier this year was....not to buy any beer (except in the pub if I'm lucky!) over Christmas.
My stash is as follows....all 500 ml unless stated..
31 Admirals Reserve
39 coopers stout @ 5.2%
10 Wherry
10 coopers stout @ 4.2%
12 coopers A with extra hops
37 battleship bitter (adnams clone)
40 Youngs AIPA
...plus around 20l of pumpkin beer I'm kegging tomorrow.
..let's hope it lasts..
What have you got?

Cheers

Clint

i planned the same ,but didnt plan well enough, ive spent the past few weeks decorating, so i only have 20 ESB bottled.

I have 44 500ml bottles of Festival Spiced Winter Ale and a 5l TC made from M&S Mulled Apple and Pear Warmer juice still in the FV ready for bottling this week. So I think I'm ok for Christmassy brews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been going through a spell of considering giving up home brewing. I was going to go from kits to AG but never got round to it and stopped kits in the meantime. Just decided to do a kit though and made it today. It wont be too well matured but might be ok for Christmas. Its a Muntons Conkerwood Black Ale and as time is short dry hopped with about 20 gms Fuggles. Its my first attempt at dry hopping. I've also tried a couple of tweeks like using better rinsing and cooler water in the process to hopefully get rid of homebrew twang I always seem to get.

American Chateau Ruby pale ale 27 bottles-this one actually got a name @6%
Charmer(Cateau Ruby + Amber malt) 22 bottles @5.8%
Charmer 2.Brewed from second runnings and hops? added from an APA kit with no name 18 bottles @6.2%
Ruination @8% pre-boil hops 9gChinook-boil additions 12g Magnum,18g Ahtanum,65g Centennial,dry hop 14g Millenium,28g Magnum.
20 ltres to be bottled next week.
Mangled @7.5% boil additions,14g Glacier,14g Millenium,57g Millenium,dry hop 14g Bullion,28g Millenium.20 litres to be bottled next week.
Brucy Bonus - second runnings ruination boil additions 25g First gold,spiced with Nutmeg,orange peel,Cardamon with 200g mixed fruit pre soaked in whiskey in secondary fermenter.10 litres to be bottled next week.
Still have my first Pale kit and an AG chestnut brew in the fermenters.
I hope I have enough as I have family coming on boxing night.
What are your thoughts?
Should I brew some more?

32 bottles of Xmas beer my recipe
44 bottles muntons Ipa
32 bottles youngs nws
30 bottles festival Belgium pale ale
12 wherry
Bottled 5 gal of cc Shiraz today
A wilko cervasa and a Strawberry/lime tc ready to bottle next week
As I emptied a bin I put on a wilko hop and cheer today
So hopefully plenty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I too have been brewing like a loony to try and find a critical mass and not have to buy beer for xmas.

Thus far I have
6 Coopers mex crevasa 500g dme left (trying to keep them for xmas)
34 coopers euro lager (remarkably good not additions)
39 coopers Irish stout (xmas grog with dme, treacle and cinnamon)
42 coopers mex cervasa dry hopped 50g hersbruker (not to be touched till xmas ������, the two week bottle taster was promising)
16 OTR mixed berry cider (doubt these will last till xmas)
45 festival NZ pilsner due to be bottled tomorrow (might have a few of them NYE)
45 OTR peach and mango cider due be bottled next week (judging from my last batch should be able to drink at xmas, just)

Oh and I have 45 bottles of coopers euro lager dry hopped 50g saaz. Although that is due to undergo 12 weeks of lagering. If I can resist them.

10 bottles of black IPA
20+ bottles English IPA
42 bottles spruce ale (made with Christmas trees!)
plus 40 of dry stout still fermenting.

The main worry is just how much I'll have left by Christmas.

I seem to have a little of quite a few things. It'll be interesting what I have in stock next year since I'm getting a Grainfather for Christmas so won't be restricted to 8L batches in my 10L stockpot and brewing will be a lot easier.

Currently got:
15 Fruitcake Barleywine, although at 10.8% a 330ml bottle tends to do 2 drinks.
5 Blackforest Porter (330ml)
8L of "Head in the Clouds" NE-IPA getting bottled on Monday.
6 sparkling orange blossom mead (500ml, 8%)
3 autumn spice mead (the above blended 3:1 with a spiced tea)
4 turbo-cyser (500 ml)

Also I have 6 bottle each of traditional mead and blackcurrant wine which should be drinkable but would probably be best left for another couple of months.

Was thinking of throwing together a turbo cider or 2 but with only 3 weeks to go they'd probably only just be drinkable for new year.

I've got my Santa Paws clone (2minikegs and 6 bottles) and Common People mk2 (about 25 bottles plus a minikeg) ready to drink, and a Belgian pale conditioning which should be ready before Christmas.

Yep been brewing since July constantly to reach critical mass and I think I'm there now, need to put a hole in this lot over the festive season because I'm seriously running out of space to store it
10 Wherry left from my first brew
24 bulldog IPA
10 Coopers stout
26 Brewferm Ambiorix 500ml
30 Brewferm grand cru 330ml
25 Brewferm Abdij 330ml
21 Coopers Brew A IPA heavily modded
29 Festival New Zealand Pilsner
30 tiny rebel Cwtch
45 Wherry brewed strong just bottled

Reckon I've got enough....

Yep been brewing since July constantly to reach critical mass and I think I'm there now, need to put a hole in this lot over the festive season because I'm seriously running out of space to store it
10 Wherry left from my first brew
24 bulldog IPA
10 Coopers stout
26 Brewferm Ambiorix 500ml
30 Brewferm grand cru 330ml
25 Brewferm Abdij 330ml
21 Coopers Brew A IPA heavily modded
30 tiny rebel Cwtch
45 Wherry brewed strong just bottled

Reckon I've got enough....

If your struggling for space I don't mind helping out

15 Fruitcake Barleywine, although at 10.8% a 330ml bottle tends to do 2 drinks.
6 sparkling orange blossom mead (500ml, 8%)
3 autumn spice mead (the above blended 3:1 with a spiced tea)

Those sound great have you got a recipe for any of them posted anywhere on the forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 bottles of black IPA
20+ bottles English IPA
42 bottles spruce ale (made with Christmas trees!)
plus 40 of dry stout still fermenting.

The main worry is just how much I'll have left by Christmas.

Williams Bros have a Christmas spruce IPA (called Nollaig I think) which I'm desperate to try (my local indie booze shop is doing 1L bottle conditioned swingtops, and I believe Aldi are doing 330ml bottles) with the thought of trying to do similar next year (with piney/resinous hops). What do you do with the Christmas tree? Just snip off the tips of the branches and stick them in for part of the boil?

I've been on the Christmas brew train as well. It's a great time of year to show off my skills to the family.

I've got 30 cooper's stout
20 bitter - my own recipe
30 Belgian honey pale ale - my own accidental recipe

2 gallon of Wow style wine - apple, wgj and peach and the other gallon is apple and rgj

Hopefully it'll be enough

I have been going through a spell of considering giving up home brewing. I was going to go from kits to AG but never got round to it and stopped kits in the meantime. Just decided to do a kit though and made it today. It wont be too well matured but might be ok for Christmas. Its a Muntons Conkerwood Black Ale and as time is short dry hopped with about 20 gms Fuggles. Its my first attempt at dry hopping. I've also tried a couple of tweeks like using better rinsing and cooler water in the process to hopefully get rid of homebrew twang I always seem to get.

Ale
you can't give up with a name of this stature. Maybe try brewing at the low end temp and consider mini mashes. Plenty of stuff on here with videos too. Craigtube has some fantastic step by steps you can follow whilst making the beer.
You can still use a kit to bulk it up or just follow a small volume AG recipe.
I'm still undecided if dextrose contributes to the twang but if you normally add this maybe consider LME from Holland barrett or rayners from waitrose. Keep the faith brother

Could just be the common denominator eg your local water or fermenter. If you have brewed a cider in yur FV it will likely have tainted it by the very ph of the solution

The cider will be acidic which will have eaten away at the plastic - affecting all other brews after:|

Back