Will this grain mill do?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I read on another forum is that they are good for small amount of grain but would take an age milling the full grain bill

Takes me 30 mins for 5kg.. it isn;t teh hopper that restricts me but because its a tad messy if I was honest so I have to manage it..

As a result I am not constantly milling.. If I had the money and went back id go bigger

That said, they do the job.. very well... I just mill the day / night before and cover up very tightly in my spare fv bucket

I looked into kitchen grain grinders when choosing a mill. I read a couple of posts online that claimed they shred the husks, so went for the Bulldog in the end.

Good price Michael, go for it.
I've got one and they work ok as said for small amounts, but easy to add something to up the hopper size or keep refilling,some folks use a drill for larger amounts but I have no problem crankin it for a few kg

Good price Michael, go for it.
I've got one and they work ok as said for small amounts, but easy to add something to up the hopper size or keep refilling,some folks use a drill for larger amounts but I have no problem crankin it for a few kg

I've seen what can only be the same mill anything from the price I linked all the way up to ��£50. I think I'll buy it going an peoples comments. I've still got 8kg of uncrushed lager malt under the bed that GEB sent me by mistake a few months ago,which they then replaced with crushed. So that'll offset the cost by ��£8 to make it even cheaper

I've been using mine for months now. Just for the pale malt part of the grainbill. I fill my boiler and put it on to heat and by the time I've weighed out the speciality malts and ground 8Lb or so of PM, it's just about approaching mash temperature. It's not exactly hard work as you're only turning a handle but it does take about 110 turns for every Lb of grain.
Mine cost about £40 but looks the same as the picture. Be prepared for mucking about with it a bit to get it to work though. I had to take a hacksaw to mine to get parts to fit properly.
Still the best bit of brewing kit I've ever bought though.

Northern brown 26-4-16 - 2.jpg

I've put my order from the op in now. I'm quite excited to be able to mill my own grain. I plan on having a stock of various grains as I constantly change my mind about what I want to make so I'll be able to leave it till the last minute till I have to decided

good info folks, thank you.
Considering one of these to try and increase my generally poor BIAB efficiency, which I am led to believe, is down to grain that is not crushed enough...

Latest posts

Back