Bri's fermentation thingy WIP

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the WIP suggest...this is going a WIP with more input by the members!! Then once we sorted each stage...I'll attempt doing DIY style..(should be fun!)
Then Pics of that stage n so on!!
Waiting for the company to get back work...
Thank BigCol for doing the ennitial work for me.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/refrigerators/matsui-tall-refrigerator-/1206669610

So I've got the following:

So over to yous....
Any input I'll be chuffed to bits!! Or just taking the P out of me...
'NOT DIY' I said!!! Lol
Famous last words!
Thanks for viewing:

It's easy as peas Bri, should be doable with one arm and some help from SWMBO. just cut the plug of the heater and you should be able to pass the flex through the fridges drain hole. Rewire the plug and plug into the hot socket of your inkbird, the fridge plugs into the cold socket and I just put the temp Probe through the fridge door, it still seals fine. Then there's the massive debate about where the probe should be, I personally have mine against the FV with some foam insulation taped over it works a treat.

It's way as peas Bri, should be doable with one arm and some help from SWMBO. just cut the plug of the heater and you should be able to pass the flex through the fridges drain hole. Rewire the plug and plug into the hot socket of your inkbird, the fridge plugs into the cold socket and I just put the temp Probe through the fridge door, it still seals fine. Then there's the massive debate about where the probe should be, I personally have mine against the FV with some foam insulation taped over it works a treat.

Just got an email they can deliver and get upstairs for me...chuffed..just ringin in the morning and pay etc...
Mint I can re do the plug!!
Job 1....COMPLETE.
Thx pal
I'm enjoying this!

Just got an email they can deliver and get upstairs for me...chuffed..just ringin in the morning and pay etc...

Hi!
Magic! You're in business.
Just one tip - I know it seems obvious, but it's easier to fit the heater cable through the drain hole before putting the fridge in its final position.
Colin

Well after two days trying to contact the company n pay for the fridge! Got through! Only to be told the bloke had sold it today!!! Not impressed!
So I've emailed them today and said is the two small fridges still for sell!!!
If do but two and delivery at the same time!!
Before you say it! My thinking is one can be solo for lager! One for beers. Til I buy a tall fridge..and two batches in that..
I know it's two lots of work to mod..
By the time getting the right tall fridge the other small one can go down stairs and be my solo beer fridge...or a spair..
Anyways I'll not tell you how long it was stripping a plug and then see if I can Put it back together!! Works perfect!!
Be quick two handed of course! But the 'duff club hand' comes handy...
Where there a way n all that :-)

Now to phase 2....
Secure the fridges!!! Once again

Well after two days trying to contact the company n pay for the fridge! Got through! Only to be told the bloke had sold it today!!! Not impressed!
So I've emailed them today and said is the two small fridges still for sell!!!
If do but two and delivery at the same time!!
Before you say it! My thinking is one can be solo for lager! One for beers. Til I buy a tall fridge..and two batches in that..
I know it's two lots of work to mod..
By the time getting the right tall fridge the other small one can go down stairs and be my solo beer fridge...or a spair..
Anyways I'll not tell you how long it was stripping a plug and then see if I can Put it back together!! Works perfect!!
Be quick two handed of course! But the 'duff club hand' comes handy...
Where there a way n all that :-)

Now to phase 2....
Secure the fridges!!! Once again

Save yourself some money and hassle and go on www.freecycle.org

Make an account and get things like fridges etc for free

Ps I'm not a bot lol

I've just got a tall larder fridge from freecycle. It was a bit dirty and very smelly but got rid of the smell quickly enough with bleach. Havent cleaned it properly yet though.

Thank guys,
The prob is getting one delivered!!
Unless the person is able to deliver!
Coz unless I know someone with a fan...our two people to help due to my gammy arm n leg :-(

Back