The-home-brew-shop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajhutch

Landlord.
Reaction score
I don't see the-home-brew-shop.co.uk mentioned as frequently as other online sellers but I wanted to give them a thumbs up. I've done several orders from them, and they are very quick to dispatch and package really well, I do find with some sellers that the packaging can be a little 'informal' shall we say. I bought a stainless steel boiler from them before Christmas which was excellently packaged in two boxes with bubble wrap as well. The ingredients prices are maybe a little higher than others but not significantly so and not across all ingredients.

I was particularly moved to write this post as I placed an order at 11.45 today and got a dispatch notice this evening and it's arriving with Parcelforce tomorrow. Admittedly my office is only 20 miles from the shop, but still that is cracking service. I really must make the effort to visit the actual shop sometime too.

we have a home brew shop which does mail order too. Cheapest prices out but to be honest I always call in if I am passing (they are 10 miles away). Their knowledge is worth more than the ingredients they sell. It is probably the same with home brew shop - these people tend to have a passion for the hobby and it shows in their service.

I don't see the-home-brew-shop.co.uk mentioned as frequently as other online sellers but I wanted to give them a thumbs up. I've done several orders from them, and they are very quick to dispatch and package really well, I do find with some sellers that the packaging can be a little 'informal' shall we say. I bought a stainless steel boiler from them before Christmas which was excellently packaged in two boxes with bubble wrap as well. The ingredients prices are maybe a little higher than others but not significantly so and not across all ingredients.

I was particularly moved to write this post as I placed an order at 11.45 today and got a dispatch notice this evening and it's arriving with Parcelforce tomorrow. Admittedly my office is only 20 miles from the shop, but still that is cracking service. I really must make the effort to visit the actual shop sometime too.
I use them quite a bit aa well,there old website was good then it turned into a nightmare but think it is fine now, free delivery over £65 i think

we have a home brew shop which does mail order too. Cheapest prices out but to be honest I always call in if I am passing (they are 10 miles away). Their knowledge is worth more than the ingredients they sell. It is probably the same with home brew shop - these people tend to have a passion for the hobby and it shows in their service.

Natures Way Zippy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to use them most of the time as they're nearly always cheaper than anywhere else for beer kits and as you say the service is second to none.

So another thumbs up from me :thumb:

I have also used them before and find they are good to deal with. Stuff comes well packaged and they are competitively priced even against places offering forum discount.
The packaging thing is important to me. I have just had an order from the Home Brew Company and all five cans within it were dented basically because the goods weren't packaged appropriately in a second hand box. Fortunately other stuff was OK. I'm all for keeping costs down but not if it compromises fitness for purpose.

Just a small tip.
If you go to the shop in person, make sure you write down the cost of the items online and compare the price you are being charged in store before you hand over payment.

I use them and have very good service from them.

I do find there's very rarely a single on-line HB shop that has ALL I want so I stockup on bags of 50g pellets hops say from geterbrewed. HBS for bottletops equipment brewfferm and fruit flavourings. Either for dme/dwe and either for grains although geterbrewed's 250g bags are useful for stuff like roasted barley whereas a 500g bag may be too much.

(not that it's stopped me in the past from chucking a full 500g bag in :lol:)

One thing I like about the homebrew shop is that they stock blackprinz and midnight wheat, both great alternatives to carafa special III for black IPAs and the like.

I have used them a lot and the service has always been the best out of the shops, plus they have an extensive catalogue including some hop types not sold elsewhere. However, I find my basket is usually cheaper elsewhere, so unless I need to buy something specific from them, I usually order from GEB.

Latest posts

Back