one can or two

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBowie

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi,

Whilst awake due to jet lag, I thought it was a good idea to buy 2 cans of Black Rock Pale Ale that are coming towards BBE. What would be the best way to approach this? I bought them so I can get my stock up before experimenting with AG. Is this the type of kit where I can chuck both in together or will I have to brew separately with more extract?

Thanks in advance

I'm assuming that the single can is expected to be diluted down to 23 litres with the addition of sugar.

IF I am correct:

The Black Rock description is:

"A distinctive, international style, golden pale ale with a moderate bitterness
from the selected Nelson Hops."​

In this case, there is a distinct possibility that using the second can instead of an equivalent amount of sugar or unhopped malt will produce a beer with a more than "moderate" bitterness.

Personally, I like a bitter beer so I would just go for it. :thumb:

Bought 8 of these at bbe next month and plan just to heavily dry hop them, did think about bunging two in together and still may later on.done it as a one can kit last Feb and brewed straight it was pretty bland I think at the time I dry hopped with sazz but didn't improve the taste significantly so this time I'm going new world hops

Thanks for the help, will be putting them in together and (hopefully) produce the bitter beer as I am a fan of them too.

Latest posts

Back