Mango & hibiscuss blonde ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gvicker1

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Well considering this is my second brew I think Ive bitten of more than I can drink with this one....

Anyhow Ive used a extract with specialities to make this and after primary fermentation Ive thrown some pulped up mango into the primary bucket. (Carefully placed not thrown). It now, after 4 days, looks like this and I'm worried Ive ruined a good beer. Should I rack off and give it a taste?

Cheers in advance....happy homebrew.

image.jpg

Did you put them in straight away or on day 4?.
I did a Kiwi wheat and added the fruit on day 5 left for 5 days then racked.

I left it 7 days after pitching to let the Krausen more or less disappear. Then dropped the mango in. It's been four days in the ferminator now. Shouldn't the mango have settled to the bottom.

How did the kiwi turn out?

I left it 7 days after pitching to let the Krausen more or less disappear. Then dropped the mango in. It's been four days in the ferminator now. Shouldn't the mango have settled to the bottom.

How did the kiwi turn out?
Kiwi is carbing so not drunk any.Some of the Kiwi floated,some sank.
I would rack it after another day or so.
Was contemplating a brew with mango myself at some point,interested to hear how this turns out:thumb:

How did you or how are you planning to add the hibiscus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just plan on throwing it in loose to be honest, but I'm hoping the mango will settle down first. If not I may rack into a secondary first. New to all this so making it all up as I go along really

Just pulled a bit off, tastes a bit dry and cider like to be honest, a very small amount of mango smell no real taste. I'm hoping that it's just because there still a lot of yeast and mango particles in suspension.

IMG_3570.jpg

Coldcrashed last night and added the hibiscus this morning. I think it's fair to say it's taken on some of the colours.😂 Tastes a lot better now though, think that may have something to do with the cold crash?

IMG_3571.jpg

How long was initial fermentation
Starting gravity
Yeast you used
Amount of sugar added
Etc
Etc
:)

I'll try and explain apologies if my terminology is off I'm still new to all this.

The OG was 1043.

Steeped .34KG of Munich for 60
Then light crystal malt for 30
Brought to the boil and added
1.5KG of pale LME
500g of light DME
Challenger hops at start of boil
Then cascade 15mins and then some more at flame out.
Pitched with us05. Fermented for 7 days then added 3lb of mango waited 4 days and added 350g of hibiscus for 1 day. Racked to second now.

Not sure if FG is worth taking now because of the added sugars from the mango?

Latest posts

Back