Trying biab

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phat

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've been doing 3v all grain for a few brews, but have recently invested in a 50l kettle with false bottom. So it now occurs to me that I should probably give biab a go ( and hopefully have less clean up).

My question is where's the best place to buy a bag??? Theres loads for sale all over the internet, but I have no idea what I'm buying, can some one point me in the direction of quality/value.

cheers, phat

Try this website this is where I got mine from.
http://brewinabag.co.uk/en/
Mine is good quality

I have one as well from here and its great. Although I have a separate mash Tun (actually a Buffalo boiler that I no longer try and use to boil) and boil kettle, I always use the bag to make it easier to remove all the grain quickly and easily. The ones from here are really good quality.

I know they can be expensive but IMO spending £20 on a bag is worth it rather than using paint strainers. A big bag will fill the 50L Kettle and will have good strong handles, The quality is also good that it will keep quite a bit of **** out (something I found cheaper bags do not)..

Does anyone know where to get a slightly smaller one for say a 12 - 18L pot?

I think the 40L one above would bury my pot!

The HBC one is very good. Really tight weave, and solid. I've had high grain bills and always squeeze it to death, and the seams seem as strong as the day I bought it.

Youngs' mash bags are good. I've had mine for about 4 years now and still going strong. It was a tenner when I bought it. Not sure how much they are now

I have one of those, the course mesh one.
Thinking I probably should have got the fine mesh one instead as I end up with a lot of flour and debris in my pot. Think I paid around £8.

Bought one :)

Don't think it'll arrive in time for my next brew day, but I also invested in a pulley and rope system to lift the bag out, so hopefully the brew after will be my first biab experience

Back