Braziliain's Brewfridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braziliain

Small Batch Brewer
Reaction score
Well thanks to the very generous @inkbird and their recent giveaway my STC1000 arrived today!

Now scouring gumtree/eBay/freecycle for a fridge! I've cleared a space in the workshop ready. Plenty of people have told me this will be a big step in improving consistency of brewing. Will document the build here.

IMG_20170308_112344_847.jpg

Fantastic, mine arrived today to, and was just about to start searching for how to set it up... job done right here..

What you all using for a power supply. Was thinking an old computer/ kettle connector with the end cut off?

Hi!
I have my Inkbird mounted in the fridge door with the input power passing through a hole drilled in the edge of the door. Some pass the flex through the drain hole. The heater is wired directly to the Inkbird but the cooler circuit passes back out of the fridge and terminates in a trailing socket so that I can plug in the fridge but also use it independently.
I used 15A flex for everything even though this is overkill.

I too have used 15A 1.5mm2 3core flex. Just cut it to the correct length and put a 13A fused plug on the end. I'm building mine in an IP55 box from Screwfix and it will be mounted on the wall just above the fridge.

A free fridge popped up on Facebook marketplace tonight and it was just a couple of streets away. What are the chances!?

Now in my garage :)

Next job, find a heater.

Happy days - that was quick!!

Take a look here for a heater:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p32265?table=no

couple of quid more expensive than ebay but you can get it swapped over if there are any probs (like I had with my ebay one!!) Clifton moor have them in stock

Happy days - that was quick!!

Take a look here for a heater:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p32265?table=no

couple of quid more expensive than ebay but you can get it swapped over if there are any probs (like I had with my ebay one!!) Clifton moor have them in stock

Free delivery too! Nice one :)

Will build a shelf with a few holes in at the weekend. Got some ply kicking around in the man cave.

All, for Inkbird giveaway units, most of them are second hand. If you have questions after you got the package, PM me, I will give you a solution.

Have you checked how low your fridge will go. issues I have had are the fridge being old would only go down to 6-7 degrees, enough to ferment lagers etc, but not great for actual lagering.

All, for Inkbird giveaway units, most of them are second hand. If you have questions after you got the package, PM me, I will give you a solution.

Thanks Inkbird. I really appreciate your kind gift.

I sent you a PM about the unit as I managed to get it working in the end :thumb:

You can see in the photo that it is working now and i have 24 bottles in the fridge carbonating :)

Back