Wilko Beer Finings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
Anyone used these? I was in Wilko earlier buying some notty and noticed the beer finings. The packet said they're made out of some sort of crustacean shells iirc so I'm guessing they're a similar to inisglass

I think almost all commercial Finings use crustacean shells.

Never used Finings in beer and the Wilco ones seem expensive.

For wine I use KwikClear ...

http://www.homebrewcentregy.com/beer-making/beer-finings

... and I've only had to "double" use the stuff once and that was for my Apple & Plum Jam wine!

Apple & Plum Jam.jpg

Anyone used these? I was in Wilko earlier buying some notty and noticed the beer finings. The packet said they're made out of some sort of crustacean shells iirc so I'm guessing they're a similar to inisglass

used there wine finings on cider , does a great job ,

Dunno about their beer finings but the two-part wine finings that they knock out is the best stuff I've ever tried. Four days flat and the vino looks like it had never seen a yeast cell.

I've used these once. I forgot my kettle finings on an AG brew, so chucked in the Wilko finings when putting the beer in to the pressure barrel. They worked well, a very good 'get out of jail card' for me.

Jas

I think almost all commercial Finings use crustacean shells.

Never used Finings in beer and the Wilco ones seem expensive.

For wine I use KwikClear ...

http://www.homebrewcentregy.com/beer-making/beer-finings

... and I've only had to "double" use the stuff once and that was for my Apple & Plum Jam wine!

Inisglass is made from dried fish swim bladders. So that's why I was wondering if this stuff is similar or the same as the packed says crustaceans, and inisglass is very effective if used correctly. Plus I can use it as I'm pescatarian, whereas I cant use gelatine

I've used these once. I forgot my kettle finings on an AG brew, so chucked in the Wilko finings when putting the beer in to the pressure barrel. They worked well, a very good 'get out of jail card' for me.

Jas

Hi, sorry to change the subject but what do you use in the kettle, I have been using Protafloc with great success which I got on ebay ?

Latest posts

Back